Most Recent Album(s) You've Listened Too

Jorn - DIO
Vanden Plas - THE SERAPHIC CLOCKWORK
Accept - BLOOD OF THE NATIONS
Iron Maiden - THE FINAL FRONTIER
Labyrinth - RETURN TO HEAVEN DENIED PART II

I've been on a "Best Of" kick lately on some classics......been playing the following front to back:

Classic Stuff
UFO - Best of 71-83
The Who - Ultimate Collection
Rush - Chronicles

Newer Stuff
Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier (still trying to absorb it)
Avantasia - Wicked Symphony and Angel of Babylon (simply awesome stuff!)

Older Stuff
Dirty Looks - Turn of the Screw and Cool From The Wire (one hell of an underrated band)
Wildside - Under The Influence (not a weak song on this one)
Vain - No Respect (sounds great in the car on the 405 freeway!)

I've been on a mission to listen to every CD in my collection. I go through approximately 48 discs a week at work, and started at the beginning of 2009. I'm on L now,/quote]

I did that once, slogging through something like 9,000+ tracks, don't remember the album count though. If you have a number of bands with large discographies to wade through, i can suggest that it's much easier to listen to the whole thing in chronological-by-album as opposed to alphabetical order-by-band. It significantly breaks up the tedium.

I really need to get into Anathema.
Start with A Natural Disaster; work your way backwards. At least that's how I was instructed to do it.

Funny. I would think in these parts I would be the only one listening to Fiona. Interesting. I really need to get into Anathema.

I love Fiona! All 3 albums are great.

Regarding Anathema: I'd start with A Natural Disaster, A Fine Day to Exit and We're Here Because We're Here... And then get Judgment and Alternative 4. Not a fan of the rest (some people do love Eternity and even the early catalog... not for me).

I've been on a mission to listen to every CD in my collection. I go through approximately 48 discs a week at work, and started at the beginning of 2009. I'm on L now,/quote]

I did that once, slogging through something like 9,000+ tracks, don't remember the album count though. If you have a number of bands with large discographies to wade through, i can suggest that it's much easier to listen to the whole thing in chronological-by-album as opposed to alphabetical order-by-band. It significantly breaks up the tedium.

Start with A Natural Disaster; work your way backwards. At least that's how I was instructed to do it.

I'm going through my CD collection, not my MP3s, so it's alpha/chrono for me. So far I've been enjoying the experiment. There are a lot of discs I hadn't heard in a long time.

Now got spinning in my CD player - Disturbed - Asylum

I am actually pretty damned impressed with this! Never thought I'd really like these guys, but after having listened to the occasional track here and there, I was intrigued enough to give this a try (plus it was only $10 at Best Buy, so figured - what the hell!). This album actually kicks some pretty good ass here. I am enjoying the hell out of it.

Blind Guardian - At the Edge of Time (of course)
Blood Axis - Born Again
Muse - The Resistance (pretty late getting into that one)

Now got spinning in my CD player - Disturbed - Asylum

I am actually pretty damned impressed with this! Never thought I'd really like these guys, but after having listened to the occasional track here and there, I was intrigued enough to give this a try (plus it was only $10 at Best Buy, so figured - what the hell!). This album actually kicks some pretty good ass here. I am enjoying the hell out of it.

$10 at Best Buy? Going to have to head over there pronto...