Multiple tours for one CD

Would the 5 year wait for symphony X's Paradise Lost be considered a stretch of shows promoting The Odyssey?

I'll go mutliple times, even if the band plays the same set.
Rush 3 times on Snakes & Arrows.
Metallica 3 times on the Black album tour (which of course was a hugely long tour). Saw them on back to back nights in '97 as well.
Nevermore 3 times for This Godless Endeavor, though all of those were opening slots and very different sets.

How many times are you willing to see a band play when they are promoting the same CD?
For me, it has more to do with the band, than when their last release was or how good it was. If I could see Nevermore 10 nights in a row, I would. However, with other bands, it's much more dependent on what night of the week it is, the bill as a whole, where it is and whose going.

Zod

For me, it has more to do with the band, than when their last release was or how good it was. If I could see Nevermore 10 nights in a row, I would. However, with other bands, it's much more dependent on what night of the week it is, the bill as a whole, where it is and whose going.

Zod

:OMG:You a strong strong man!
I like NM some, but not THAT much!

Like most, it depends on the bands and the tour. It also depends on when they fall on my days off. I went to the Troc for Nightwish and then Nokia two days later. I would have caught Sonata if I had gotten the night off. I regret missing Epica with VoA. Had no choice. Same with Therion (Wife was in hospital that night). Hopefully, I can see bands that I enjoy more often in the future.

Metallica 3 times on the Black album tour (which of course was a hugely long tour). Saw them on back to back nights in '97 as well.

Yep, THAT was a looooong tour! In theory it lasted....what? 3 years? More?
I saw 'Tallica at least....umm....five times while they were touring for TBA. For those shows, it was partly the lure of free tickets and backstage passes, plus meeting the band, as I was by that time friends with Kirk H. (This was back when they were still cool and fan-friendly.)
And, we made a few roadtrips to see them, so the "friends are going, too" factor weighed in as well.
ATL -> South Fla. is a looong way to go for a show.

If I really love a band, I will attend as many shows as time and finances permit...regardless of whether they have new material.

I've seen TSO 9 times since "The Lost Christmas Eve" came out in 2004. And I'll add two more shows this year.

Also, back in the day, I saw Queensryche as an opener (AC/DC) when they toured for Rage for Order...and then I had an opportunity to see a headlining show. And I suppose that technically I've seen "Mindcrime" four times. (Opening for Metallica in the late 1980s, twice when they did O:M in its entirety on the "Building Empires" tour, and more recently when they did O:M I and II back to back.)

It depends on the band. If it's a band I love, then I'll go see them as much as possible.

I've already seen Edguy three times for their Rocket Ride tour (2006, 2007, 2008).

And three times for Helloween & Gamma Ray for their current albums (I even went to Japan for two of those shows).

I would definitely see them even more if I had the chance because all three put on great shows :)

Depends how far, what night it's on, and who the band is. Usually once is enough, but if it's handy and on a Friday night...why not...

I've seen Ours 5 times (on 5 different tours), and arguably each show they were supporting the same album. I'd see them 5 more times..I don't care, they're just so moving live..the 2 jams they have done the last 3 headlining shows..LIVE AGAIN and GET UP..are worth the price of admission alone. I JOINED THEM ON STAGE TO PLAY DRUMS THIS PAST SUMMER in fact.

I saw Fair to Midland 5 times within 18 months..and I suppose other than the last show, each show was worth seeing even tho the setlists weren't that different.

Behemoth as a headliner I'd be up for seeing..their drummer is mindblowing.

Victor Wooten I probably would since seeing him and his brothers jam is a different experience every time.

Dean Magraw considering he pulls out different music every show..esp depending on the people he's playing with.

Mute Math..the crazy antics are more than worth seeing multiple times..setlist has no baring on my fulfillment..the drumjams they do are worth seeing alone.