Music Midtown - looks like we dodged the bullet again

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
There has been no official announcement yet from Music Midtown organizers, however rumors all point to the event ocurring Sept. 21-22, 2012. Whew, that's fantastic news for us!!

For those unaware, this is an extremely large festival that occurs in the same vicinity as PP, and at its peak, drew in 300,000 festival attendees. Source

Last year, Coldplay headlined the event, and it's rumored that Pearl Jam and/or the Foo Fighters will headline.

Source
Source
Source

~Jen

Confirmed - Sept. 21 & 22 - thank goodness for ProgPower USA!

2 days of Music Midtown this year Sept 21 & 22! Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Florence and the Machine, The Avett Brothers, Ludacris, @T.I., Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, LP, Girl Talk, Van Hunt and Civil Twilight!!

~Jen

You can't hate on Joan Jett!!! And I like Florence and the machine too. And the Foo's put on a hell of a show. Still not even close to the greatness that is this years ProgPower!!!!!

Confirmed - Sept. 21 & 22 - thank goodness for ProgPower USA!

2 days of Music Midtown this year Sept 21 & 22! Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Florence and the Machine, The Avett Brothers, Ludacris, @T.I., Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, LP, Girl Talk, Van Hunt and Civil Twilight!!

~Jen
hmmmm I love me some Joan Jett and the Blackhearts!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

*whew* thank goodness!!

Music Midtown is set for Sept. 20-21 at Piedmont Park. - (festival dates announced this past weekend)

They draw a few more attendees than us..

522593_440049326075552_800683972_n.jpg

~Jen

*whew* thank goodness!!

Music Midtown is set for Sept. 20-21 at Piedmont Park. - (festival dates announced this past weekend)

They draw a few more attendees than us..

522593_440049326075552_800683972_n.jpg

~Jen
...and MacDonalds sells billions of hamburgers a year...when you cater to the lowest common denominator, you get lots of fans.

Keep the quality high and let the posers go elsewhere, I say...