musicians seeking musicians

Are there ANY metal musicians in Northern Virginia?

I'm looking for a drummer, a guitarist, and a guitarist/keyboardist if I can find one (If you don't know keyboards, I'll just play keyboards constantly, I just like to get my guitar on now and then) for a potential progressive/neo-classical/gothic/power-ish/other subgenre metal project that hopefully will come together in the spring. This isn't necessarily a band, I just need some metalheads to play some performances of my music with a choir and small orchestra. Death growl abilities are a major plus for all of these.

Also, if any metal bands are looking for a keyboardist who is experienced in many genres (and doesn't just play a damn string-synth chord for the whole song) hit me up =3

Female Metal singer, male death metal drummer, and male metal bassist needed in Atlanta GA to join solo project (SWORD SAINT). Booking requests are coming in for 2010 already. I hate to turn them down but I'm not Buckethead with an iPod and a mixer. I need a band. NOW. If you or anyone you know are in the Atlanta, GA area, hit me up.

Hey hey! I'm a London based drummer looking for some people to jam with, either online or somewhere in london. I've been playing for 4 years and am interested in playing all forms of metal (and all forms of music), with a focus on death metal and black metal. Please PM me if your interested in jamming.

I'm looking for a drummer, session if need be to play on an upcoming demo. Its thrash stuff in the vein of Megadeth, Flotsam and Jetsam, Artillery, Rage. If your interested in just doing it as a session thing we can discuss payment. If interested just send me a private message. Thanks.

- MUSICIANS WANTED, FOR NEW 'ROCK' BAND, WITH INDUSTRY INTEREST!!! Will be the start of something very special!!! Sounds Like: Alt. rock / metal to punk and prog. Influences include: SYSTEM OF A DOWN, SLIPKNOT, SMASHING PUMPKINS, MUSE, GUNS 'N' ROSES, RHCP, & THE PRODIGY, Etc. Please see http://www.myspace.com/checkoutthisad.
- GUITARISTS AVAILABLE, HAS JUST LEFT FAIRLY HIGH-PROFILE 'ROCK' BAND!!!... Am looking for musicians to jam with, join their band / or form this new band, and, any musical opportunities, in general. Please also see http://www.myspace.com/catdecasanove1 .Contact - checkoutthisad@hotmail.co.uk .(BRIGHTON/LONDON). CHEERS!!!

Viðr is a black/folk metal band from Norway,and i am now looking for serious musicians who are devoted and willing to give something.

I play guitar and have over 16 years of experience.

Check out the music on http://www.myspace.com/vithr

There will be auditions at a scheduled time.

If you play drums,bass,guitar or vocals please contact me at: vidrbergen@gmail.com

Hi,

What i basically want to do is set up a grindcore project, doesn't matter whether you are local as it is purely for fun, once we get the members, ill piece together everything, do the vocals and sampling.

It is so frustrating when you live in a place (Brighton) where it's impossible to get a grindcore band together, so hoping to meet other frustrated folk in the same situation.

After brutal, sick angry as fuck people with serious mental problems to make this happen.

Influences - Anal Cunt, Macabre, Regurgitate, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Mortician and The Berserker.

email goryboy@live.co.uk

Hi all,

I'm a bassist (and sometimes vocalist). I've just moved to London from Cambridge and I'm looking for some people to jam with. I have lots of different metal influences. Some examples:

High On Fire, Sleep, Opeth, Clutch, Sunn O))), EyeHateGod, Down, Mastodon, early ZZ Top, Ramesses, Unearthly Trance, Strapping Young Lad, Primus, Corrosion of Conformity (Deliverance album onwards).

I'm constantly shifting around trying to decide what kind of music to play so I'm fairly open-minded. I feel like I would probably want to make something really dirty, bluesy and heavy, but also perhaps with some time signature/key changes just to make things interesting.

Anyway, if interested, email me at ben (at) bensaxon.co.uk

Cleveland/Canton, Ohio based black metal band Afterlight is looking for a drummer for recording, in and out of state one off gigs and a possible summer tour. We hope to find someone to fill the spot permanently but we are willing to work with a session drummer for the time being. You must be at least 18 years of age with professional level abilities and gear (I.E. NOT falling apart and/or held together by duct tape) and possess professional attitude and willingness to put the necessary effort into being part of a functional, established band. No addicts or egos, please. This is black metal and by definition, we do project a very hostile attitude towards organized religion so on that note, godmongers of any variety will NOT be considered. If you have to beg your girlfriend or wife to "let" you come to practice or go out of town to play shows, don't bother.

Go to www.myspace.com/afterlightmetal to hear three studio tracks, two of which will be part of any potential candidate's audition.

You can contact us either on our myspace page, afterlightmetal@yahoo.com or deadforever666@hotmail.com

Internet collaborations anyone? Or even real bands if you're local to Stoke On Trent! I write and record new songs every day so all interests + tastes + styles welcome here! Lots of stuff already down ranging from classic to power to prog to death to thrash to grind to black to you get the idea... basically whatever im in the mood for at the time haha. I have shitloads of time on my hands and I appreciate the mix/tracking practice to be honest. I play guitar, vocal/sing + record. My setup is a Korg D3200 + a 2.7 Ghz Pentium with 2gb memory, Bose moniters + a collection of guitars, amps + other gear. For the stuff that im writing, drummers would be great if theres anyone out there that can record themselves and play the more intense stuff to a good standard. Bassists too because I recently realized that my bassplaying sucks haha. Ill get some samples online soon and I've got everything written out in guitar pro. All my own stuff too right down to the drum, bass + keyboard tracks. Mail me at shredaintdead@hotmail.com for more info.

Anyone from India here on this thread PM, would like to start a death/thrash metal band. I play the drums and my brother plays guitar. We already done some slayer and lamb of god covers. Would like to expand on this.

If there are any decent vocalists out there looking to collaborate over the internet on a serious project then check the below thread----v