My new tattoo...

MadeInNewJersey said:
*yippee*

I think JayK and I (and maybe lurch) are going to go to a show at NorthSix tomorrow night, to see TheSword (some stoner rockish Sabbath-like band). It's like $12, so really, I don't care if they're good or not. Plus, Duff's Brooklyn (THE metal bar of the 5 boroughs) is like, right there. So we can be stupid. And drunk. :)

got a hot date tomorrow guys, sorry ;)
there is another bar in Billburg that opened recently I think ... serious boozing and a shit load of old school video game consoles. barcade ...

http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/41545378/brooklyn_ny/barcade.html

zodtattoo.jpg

The best part about an unfunny joke is repeating it as much as you can, until nonlaughter finally turns to anger. I call this the Closing 30 Minutes of SNL Factor.

MadeInNewJersey said:
*yippee*

I think JayK and I (and maybe lurch) are going to go to a show at NorthSix tomorrow night, to see TheSword (some stoner rockish Sabbath-like band). It's like $12, so really, I don't care if they're good or not. Plus, Duff's Brooklyn (THE metal bar of the 5 boroughs) is like, right there. So we can be stupid. And drunk. :)

^^^^

If I'm going to spend $75-$100, I'm going to see some live music and to the metal pub (really, this is the owner who owned Bellevue in midtown - i.e. THE metal hangout). I can't just go to a bar :)

the main band tomorrow at the Northsix is supposed to be some really good ... early Kill'em All style band.
a brief writeup in this weeks Time Out New York on the gig tomorrow ...

they also say that The Sword is boring live ... not sure what they based this on

Just spoke with JayK, he's "sick as a parrot" (his words, not mine), so it looks like nothing doing as far as heading into NYC

He said if he feels better, he might be inclined to go out for a few drinks up by him, don't know if you feel like making that drive, but give me a shout/txt if you do :)

MadeInNewJersey said:
Just spoke with JayK, he's "sick as a parrot" (his words, not mine), so it looks like nothing doing as far as heading into NYC

He said if he feels better, he might be inclined to go out for a few drinks up by him, don't know if you feel like making that drive, but give me a shout/txt if you do :)

if you cats want to come to my house Sunday afternoon/night ... having a small Sopranos lounge party ... plenty of booze and food (will steal some leftovers from a wedding I am goign to tonight :loco: )