Name your amp(s)

got a marshall tsl 100 which im trying to get rid of to fund a 5150 or a krank? not decided yet. anyone got any other recomendations i should try out?

B-52 AT100 HEAD! That thing totally rips. It's like a refined Recto. Similar voicing but way tighter and alot quieter. The clean is really good too. I cant wait to get some Tung Sol pres and Ruby output tubes in it.:worship:

VHT Pittbull CL w/ Mullard High Gain tubes
Mesa oversized Recto cab w/ custom v-30's
Bogner Uberkab w/ V30s and G12T75's

I really need to take pictures soon. Its a brutal setup

Inhumanist said:
VHT Pittbull CL w/ Mullard High Gain tubes
Mesa oversized Recto cab w/ custom v-30's
Bogner Uberkab w/ V30s and G12T75's

I really need to take pictures soon. Its a brutal setup

Ahhh, that sounds like a sweet set-up.

hahah at me

yamaha G100-212 II
peavey Bandit 75

also, me and my dad ( also a guitarist) were looking at a Marshall MG Amp half stack with MG100HDFX Head and MG412A cabinet...its on the internet for a grand price...cause my other amps are shot.

If you put it next to nearly any other amp out there, you can hear the difference. They have a good amount of distortion for their size, but it's just too messy. The cleans sound really horrible, there's no warmth or depth to them. They're also way overpriced. I got the Vox AD50VT for $359, compared to the Marshall MG50DFX for $375, both 50 watts. The Vox is a modeling amp, with so much variability, you can get wonderful metal tones, along with great vintage and clean sounds. It's also got a single preamp tube, to warm up the sound. The Marshall is pure solid-state, it pretty much has two settings, huge distortion, or shitty clean. I truly plan on sticking with that Vox for a long time, the MG I'd throw out in an instant.