Need some good curtains for my home studio

Mar 16, 2010
Ok so i've literally just redecorated my home studio/bedroom. I call it more of a studio as theres more musical related gear in here than anything to do with a bedroom.

anyways i need some suggestions on material for curtains? I have 2 windows in my room that are pretty low in the wall. i want curtains that are going to reach the floor with a max height of about 4/12ft. There will only be 1 curtain rail so they will cover most of the wall that the windows are on. probably a good 10ft wide and both will meet in the middle.

Since i've now got a hardwood floor in here i need something that will soak up a bit of the reflection in here. It's quite a big space.

Any suggestions?

yeah i'll be putting down a rug anyway as the noise of my chaire on the floor is driving me crazy anyway haha.

one of my friends was saying before that they had a set maid up for them from a company neer me that wasn't overly expensive. Might give them a call and see if they can do a heavy material.

If you search for 'blackout curtains' you might find what you need. They tend to be heavy, dense material and lined as well - which really helps. Buy wide so when they are closed they don't look stretched...

Good luck!