NEVERMORE Guitarist JEFF LOOMIS' Solo Album: Mixing Complete - May 13, 2008

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Grammy Award-winning producer/engineer Neil Kernon (NEVERMORE, CANNIBAL CORPSE, DEICIDE) ahs finished mixing the solo album from NEVERMORE guitarist Jeff Loomis, according to a posting on the band's official forum. The CD was recorded at the Robert Lang Studios in Richmond Beach, Washington with Mark Arrington (ex-NEVERMORE) handling the drums. The ambitious offering is "an all-instrumental effort [that] is destined to shed some much deserved spotlight on the genre's most notable, yet unsung, guitar player," according to a press release.

Loomis previously said: "Mark completed the drums for 10 tracks in about three and a half days. He did some incredible drum work that I know will bring this record to a higher level than I expected.

"Mark and I worked before back in 1993-94 when he played half the songs on our [NEVERMORE's] debut CD.

"Being able to do this entire recording with Neil is really amazing as well. We've done some great work in the past, but being able to focus on an entire instrumental record is going to be great.

Video footage of Jeff Loomis shredding it up in March at the Schecter booth at the Musikmesse Frankfurt 2008 fair in Frankfurt, Germany can be viewed below (courtesy of "MaryJana666").

NEVERMORE is currently working on material for the follow-up to 2005's "This Godless Endeavor", tentatively early 2009 via Century Media Records.

NEVERMORE last year parted ways with guitarist Steve Smyth due to "personal and business differences."

During Smyth's time away from the touring circuit (Smyth was diagnosed with end-stage kidney failure in 2006 and hadn't toured with the band in over a year), NEVERMORE had been utilizing the services of longtime session guitarist Chris Broderick (JAG PANZER, now in MEGADETH).

NEVERMORE vocalist Warrel Dane has just released his solo debut, "Praises to the War Machine", in North America via Century Media Records.

Anyone know when this might be coming out? Praises to the war machine is gonna get damaged by all that friction if it isn't soon...

Anyone know when this might be coming out? Praises to the war machine is gonna get damaged by all that friction if it isn't soon...
Its great warrels album is worth damageing,I have listened to mine about three thousand times.I love warrels cd,I know it start to finish(If he tour,s ill be the idiot singing along right behind you)I have also been able now to here jeffs cd several times from start to finish,and i assure all of you it cover,s a wide spectrum of feels.This is not another guitar hero wanker album.But on the songs jeff takes off on OMG The man deserves credit for being one of the most accomplished players on the planet(just you wait and see)Warrel and jeff belong together.Awsome lyric wrighter and vocalist and world class stud on guitar-A match made in ****************:kickass:

Yeah I agree it's an incredibly potent combo... I really can't imagine a more perfect match.

Damn I envy you having heard it! I read on the century media site that it isn't scheduled to come out until sometime this fall, yikes!

Grammy Award-winning producer/engineer Neil Kernon (NEVERMORE, CANNIBAL CORPSE, DEICIDE) ahs finished mixing the solo album from NEVERMORE guitarist Jeff Loomis, according to a posting on the band's official forum. The CD was recorded at the Robert Lang Studios in Richmond Beach, Washington with Mark Arrington (ex-NEVERMORE) handling the drums. The ambitious offering is "an all-instrumental effort [that] is destined to shed some much deserved spotlight on the genre's most notable, yet unsung, guitar player," according to a press release.

Loomis previously said: "Mark completed the drums for 10 tracks in about three and a half days. He did some incredible drum work that I know will bring this record to a higher level than I expected.

"Mark and I worked before back in 1993-94 when he played half the songs on our [NEVERMORE's] debut CD.

"Being able to do this entire recording with Neil is really amazing as well. We've done some great work in the past, but being able to focus on an entire instrumental record is going to be great.

Video footage of Jeff Loomis shredding it up in March at the Schecter booth at the Musikmesse Frankfurt 2008 fair in Frankfurt, Germany can be viewed below (courtesy of "MaryJana666").

NEVERMORE is currently working on material for the follow-up to 2005's "This Godless Endeavor", tentatively early 2009 via Century Media Records.

NEVERMORE last year parted ways with guitarist Steve Smyth due to "personal and business differences."

During Smyth's time away from the touring circuit (Smyth was diagnosed with end-stage kidney failure in 2006 and hadn't toured with the band in over a year), NEVERMORE had been utilizing the services of longtime session guitarist Chris Broderick (JAG PANZER, now in MEGADETH).

NEVERMORE vocalist Warrel Dane has just released his solo debut, "Praises to the War Machine", in North America via Century Media Records.

OK. I knew that Arrington (never heard) is playing on it but I guess there is no additional musicians on it (on gayboards, bass etc.)???

hmmm... it doesn't say anywhere, but it wouldn't be hard to just get decent session musicians or something. I found on the Century Media site it says the CD is slated for a fall release. I can't freaking wait \m/.