New Amaranthe Album "Massive Addictive" out Oct. 21

orcslayr23

Jan 30, 2008
CT, USA
http://www.amaranthe.se/

They have a full press release on their site.

Gothenburg, Sweden's AMARANTHE, known for fusing melodic metal with elements of EDM, will release their third album MASSIVE ADDICTIVE via Spinefarm Records on October 21.

MASSIVE ADDICTIVE is true to its title. The band's signature, larger-than-life sound, comprised of kinetic riffing, pulsating beats and celestial, melodic choruses, remains in tact, but the album finds AMARANTHE continuing to explore a range of dynamics and with a willingness to push themselves even further.

The songs that populate MASSIVE ADDICTIVE are so incredibly catchy that they will take up residency in your brain for hours after you've turned the music off and you will find yourself humming the melodies or singing the choruses long after you've stopped listening to them. MASSIVE ADDICTIVE is that memorably and that catchy.

MASSIVE ADDICTIVE was tracked at Hansen Studios in Ribe, Denmark with the sound sorcerer Jacob Hansen (Volbeat, Epica) at the helm.

The 12-song album is a flawlessly executed clinic of masterfully and carefully crafted European metal, boasting Olof Mörck's surgically precise riffs and soaring solos alongside Morten Løwe Sørensen's rhythmic thrust and Johan Andreassen's booming low-frequency assault. Elize Ryd's vocals are as emotive and empowering as ever, filling the room, while Jake E's melodic vocals are an outpouring of power. New screamer Henrik Englund Wilhelmsson puts his stamp on the material, as well.

The sound is both massive and addictive, from the unforgettable, driving sounds of "Drop Dead Cynical" to the anthemic title track to the stadium-sized soar of "Digital World" to the emotionally haunting power semi-ballad "True." MASSIVE ADDICTIVE is an exercise in dynamics and is one that refuses to play by any sort of genre-specific, prescribed rules.

"We have lived and breathed this album every hour and every day the last year, and to know that this music is about to reach everyone's ears is beyond exciting," guitarist Mörck enthused about MASSIVE ADDICTIVE. "Following the first leg of The Nexus World Tour, we sat down and agreed that we wanted the next album to be really fresh, new and even to raise a few eyebrows, all while retaining our signature sound."

He continued, "MASSIVE ADDICTIVE is in every way that huge leap forward we wanted to achieve and the album definitely contain our strongest song writing to date. The press often asks us to 'describe the album with three words'; this time, the answer is simple - it's MASSIVE, it's ADDICTIVE, and most importantly, it's AMARANTHE!"

55.jpg

MASSIVE ADDICTIVE Track Listing

1. "Dynamite"
2. "Drop Dead Cynical"
3. "Trinity"
4. "Massive Addictive"
5. "Digital World"
6. "True"
7. "Unreal"
8. "Over and Done"
9. "Danger Zone"
10. "Skyline"
11. "An Ordinary Abnormality"
12. "Exhale"

I'm not a fan of the album title, but i'll definitely be picking this one up right when it's released. I hope they'll bring copies of the CD to sell on their upcoming US tour.

AMARANTHE VOCALIST JAKE E. - "WE'RE ATTRACTING FANS FROM BOTH THE METAL AND POP GENRES"

Amaranthe vocalist/co-founder Jake E. is featured in a new interview with veteran reporter Ralph Carter discussing the band's new album, Massive Addictive, and their career up to this point. An excerpt is available below:

Carter: The sort of music that you play - metal - is not so very popular, like for example pop music. However, Amaranthe gains more and more fans all over the world. What do you think is the reason for it?

Jake E.: "Well, First of all I don’t agree with you on that subject. Metal is huge in our country (Sweden) and even if it’s more common to hear pop music on the radio. People tend to buy the albums from metal bands while they download or stream the pop music. And the only festivals that actually that turns a profit is the metal festivals."

"Part from the reason that we have 200 travel days a year and are working our asses off to tour the world promoting our music, I have no idea why we are growing at such a fast rate. But I guess that we can be called a crossover act, meaning that we’re attracting fans from both the metal and pop genres."

Go to this location for the complete interview.

Heard the single Drop Dead Cynical this morning. I liked it quite a bit, but I am guessing it might rub some of metal fans the wrong way. It still has all of the same elements, but the pop sound and framework seem much more prevalent. I am cool with them experimenting. I really like The Nexus, but if they did that again it would be a bit same-y. But then again, some metal fans fear change and don't mind bands doing the same thing/style over and over again.

Heard the single Drop Dead Cynical this morning. I liked it quite a bit, but I am guessing it might rub some of metal fans the wrong way. It still has all of the same elements, but the pop sound and framework seem much more prevalent. I am cool with them experimenting. I really like The Nexus, but if they did that again it would be a bit same-y. But then again, some metal fans fear change and don't mind bands doing the same thing/style over and over again.

Where did you hear the new single? Last night I tried to find it on youtube, but the only video had the error message "this video isn't available to view in your country".

"this video isn't available to view in your country".

There are ways......
Just consult your local Google.

New single is great...I will 100% buy this album as soon as it comes out.

New screamer sounds amazing.

I am good with the poppier elements as long as they put a couple more heavy songs in with it.

Yea, it is not a night and day difference, but it is a significant shift. They seem to be embracing some of the things they experimented on The Nexus with songs like Electroheart. There is no real guitar riff driving the song like much of their previous stuff (in fact the guitar is pretty buried) and there is no guitar solo at all. Not sure if this is representative of the whole album, but it is quite a different lead single than Hunger and The Nexus.

Given that their extreme vocalist left the band I wonder if they could have stood to just not replace him if they were going in this direction. It seems to me that if you're going for a more pop sound you want to feature Elize even more heavily.

Just my thoughts as a fan of both pop and metal.

Maybe I need to give it a few listens, but i'm not a big fan of Drop Dead Cynical. I might like it more once I hear the rest of the album. The new screamer is fuckin great though, although the harsh vocals feel a little out of place because this song is overly poppy lol.

Wow... that was terrible. I really hope that's not representative of the new album, it sounds like an even worse version of Electroheart. At least they probably will still put on a good live show when they come through town, but I'm going to need to hear this album before I buy it.

If they really want to bust into the US pop market they'll need to give up on writing their own lyrics. Half of what sells a pop song these days is a hip and clever turn of phrase.