New Andromeda sounds like....Miles Davis

Pellaz

Tigron of Immanion
Feb 12, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.paulcashman.com
It's kinda startling, but the new Andromeda CD The Immunity Zone -- that I bought at PPUSA -- sounds just like the Miles Davis Quintet.........

....because it actually IS the Miles Davis Quintet, the CD Cookin' with The Miles Davis Quintet.

Lance, it's a Nightmare release. Any explanation?

Hah. Sounds like whoever did the pressing made a mistake. Hopefully its a small one. Would suck if it was widespread.

So you got the wrong CD inside the case???

Nope, it is pressed as Immunity Zone. Without hesitation, CDex instantly loaded it as Miles Davis Quintet and sure 'nuff, that's what it is. (4 tracks instead of 9.)

I love Andromeda, but, you can't go wrong with Miles!

Yeah, actually, I'm enjoying the CD. :)

WTF?

Seriously? You are the first to complain about this one, send me an email or PM with your address, I'll hook you up with the right disc.

Okay, PM on the way.

It's....pretty freaky. :loco:

Nope, it is pressed as Immunity Zone. Without hesitation, CDex instantly loaded it as Miles Davis Quintet and sure 'nuff, that's what it is. (4 tracks instead of 9.)

Yeah, actually, I'm enjoying the CD. :)

Okay, PM on the way.

It's....pretty freaky. :loco:

Hmmmmm better check the promos also.

That's freakin' hilarious!! :lol:

Weird mistakes happen sometimes, though. I bought the original Mike and the Mechanics album on vinyl (yes, I'm showing my age) when it first came out, and though the *labels* were different on both sides of the disc, the music was identical. I had Side One twice. :) Phenomenal album, BTW...

I thought about keeping it as a collector's item, but I was a poor college student and couldn't afford to buy a second copy that was "right," so I returned it.

Hahahaha See what happens when you put our grandpa J-Man in charge of pressing the discs?

:lol:

Whooooaaaaa big feller Grandpa is not, and I repeat not in charge of pressing the discs, i just do the promotion and marketing, this is gonna be a hard one to do.

"Get the new Andromeda, with a sound like the Miles Davis quintet"

that once happened to me back in the day with the Rush live cd "All the World's a Stage"..I forget, but it was a Jazz album that got burned to it with it being labeled ATWAS by Rush. The guys at best Buy let me do an exchange, but in retrospect, it might have been a cool, rare, novelty item to keep.