New Angra?

rjrousseau

Mar 16, 2005
South Carolina
This was posted on the Brave Words site today:

ANGRA's yet-to-be-titled new album will be available in Japan via Victor on November 1st.

Also on that date, Victor Japan will reissue the following Angra titles in that country, remastered with bonus tracks: Angels Cry (1993), Holy Land (1996), and Fireworks (1998).

As previously reported, Angra are booked to perform at the Loud Park Festival, taking place in Tokyo, Japan on October 14th and 15th. Other acts performing at the festival include SLAYER, MEGADETH, NAPALM DEATH, BACKYARD BABIES and MINISTRY.

Stay tuned for further updates on Angra's yet-to-be-named new studio album

Nothing on their site about this. Anyone have info?

It should be out in the rest of the world by mid-November, if they don't delay it this time. The album has no concept and it's their heaviest album to date (and they really mean it). Isabel de Amorim is doing the artwork once again (just wait to see it =P ), she's fantastic!!!!

Heaviest to date to me is an "eh" kind of hype-statement. I don't know why so many bands say that when releasing a CD. I'd rather hear that it is "their most quality work to date" with good song writing. I love Angra, so I'm really looking forward to this. Hopefully trying to make the "heaviest record to date" won't detract from the music.

OdinsCourt said:
Heaviest to date to me is an "eh" kind of hype-statement. I don't know why so many bands say that when releasing a CD. I'd rather hear that it is "their most quality work to date" with good song writing. I love Angra, so I'm really looking forward to this. Hopefully trying to make the "heaviest record to date" won't detract from the music.

You'll see what I mean in November. :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

OdinsCourt said:

I am with you.. By heaviest i pray to god they don't mean crap like "temple of hate".. Man, what an awful song.
Hopefully it's heavy in a "nothing to say" way.. With the tribal beat, original sound.. :headbang:

Angrafan said:
I am with you.. By heaviest i pray to god they don't mean crap like "temple of hate".. Man, what an awful song.

:OMG:wow, to each his own i guess, that song is freaking amazing if you ask me.

Aurora Consurgens. Check out the artwork :

50072.jpg

Well I am disapointed with ToS but I love Edu's performance on Almah. So hopefully he returns to style like his Rebirth performance.!!! I'll buy it blind no matter what though.

Bear

"Temple of Hate" is awful?! That intro guitar riff is incredible, and the entire song is wonderfully put together, especially the section after the solos where the strings (by Keyboards, I suppose) dance over the guitar riffing. I absolutely love the Edu/Kai duet throughout. I listen to that and "Winds of Destination" everytime I spin that disc! But like that other guy said, "To each his own."

Angrafan said:
By heaviest i pray to god they don't mean crap like "temple of hate".. Man, what an awful song.
Hopefully it's heavy in a "nothing to say" way.. With the tribal beat, original sound.. :headbang:

Regarding the Temple of Hate comment, whatever dude... Can't expect a better reaction from the proggest snob in Florida LOL :lol::lol::lol:

Regarding tribal beats and original sound, I'm ALL for it!! :headbang:

Edit: THIS ALBUM IS GONNA KICK MAJOR ASS!!

I did not like the first CD by Angra. I loved Holy Land and still listen to it on a regular basis. I hated Fireworks and about gave up on them after that cd. When Rebirth came out I did not buy it but saw awesome reviews for it so picked it up and loved it. TOS is another fine cd and I hope this one is as good. I think Edu is a better fit for Angra and hope they will make another return to PP. These guys were fantastic live.

I will buy this cd blind.

AngraRULES said:
Regarding the Temple of Hate comment, whatever dude... Can't expect a better reaction from the proggest snob in Florida LOL :lol::lol::lol:

Regarding tribal beats and original sound, I'm ALL for it!! :headbang:

Edit: THIS ALBUM IS GONNA KICK MAJOR ASS!!

Whatever! I know a LOT of people who agree with me.. And people who don't really like prog-stuff... I mean.. That song and Running alone.. it doesn't get any worse than that =P