New Avantasia to be a double album

I know this might be old news to some people, but I just read this today and this makes me want this CD now. There is an interview with Tobi on his website and he said this about the title track of one of the CDs:

'There is a song called "The Wicked Symphony", it's a ten minutes track featuring a vocal battle between Jorn Lande, Russell Allen and me.'

That alone should be worth buying this CD.:headbang:

'There is a song called "The Wicked Symphony", it's a ten minutes track featuring a vocal battle between Jorn Lande, Russell Allen and me.'

OK, so ummm....... He took the 100 minutes or so of combined vocal battling that made up the two Allen/Lande project albums, chopped it down to 10 minutes, and squeezed his vocals in the middle? :rolleyes:

I'm cautiously optimistic about this album. I know it won't SUCK, but I hope it is better than "Scarecrow". It certainly has the talent to be better!

Evergrey, Edguy, Pain of Salvation etc were the reasons I attended earlier progpowers. Since these bands have stopped being booked, I have stopped attending. Fact is, while yes some of these bands do tour the US, the tours are limited. A large portion of the country will never see Edguy on tour in the US.

OK, so ummm....... He took the 100 minutes or so of combined vocal battling that made up the two Allen/Lande project albums, chopped it down to 10 minutes, and squeezed his vocals in the middle? :rolleyes:

I'm cautiously optimistic about this album. I know it won't SUCK, but I hope it is better than "Scarecrow". It certainly has the talent to be better!

The problem is that those albums had no vocal "battling" on them. Just pedestrian duets. That was really my biggest complaint. It's very "You sing, I sing", not much else. And almost all the big "chorus" vocals just sound like Jorn.

I would hope that if Edguy ever played the fest again their setlist would be better than what they have been doing on their US tours. It would make sense they could go into more of their older material for fans that already are familiar with them. So, since 6 was my first progpower I would love to see Edguy do a special set for Progpower. Just to keep this thread on topic too, I am very excited for the new Avantasia.