New band intro/teaser video - where Psyco Drama left off

IanRingler

Bassist
Jan 30, 2010
www.itmband.com
For those who are interested, I'd like to present a new band featuring Corey Brown on vocals, Hercules Castro (guitarist from Psyco Drama) on guitars / keys, Doug Brown on drums / vocals, and myself, Ian Ringler, on Bass.

While our previous music tended to lean towards more of what I consider to be a modern radio rock sound, this new music is rooted back full on into melodic power metal, progressive, symphonic metal. This is a style that we've been wanting to get back to since the Psyco Drama "The Illusion" days. I know that there are some that prefer hearing Corey perform in a melodic sounding band such as Magnitude 9 or Psyco Drama, well...this is it!

With Corey and Hercules being the main writing team behind Psyco Drama, in a way we are considering this to be where Psyco Drama left off after the debut album "The Illusion".

Here is a video teaser of the new music that we are in the studio recording:

More details coming soon!

Thanks,
Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!!! I was a big fan of Psyco Drama!!! I bought their debut in the 90's when I heard them on a Perris Records compilation disc. Even own bent as well! I am also a big fan of Mag 9's "Decoding The Soul" so this REALLY has my interest peeked!

Bout time you guys got around to revisiting this sound, Ian. Sec16 and stuff like that was fine, but a little outside of my wheelhouse. The Illusion and the first Mag9 album are classics in my eyes and two of the first three albums I ever purchased online waaaaay back in 1997(?) Are you guys going to use the Psycodrama name or are you going down a different road. In any case, I fully anticipate you Corey and Herc to slay.

Thanks Random Axe!

We've had long discussions and seriously considered using the name Psyco Drama. We're not going to use the name. A few legalities behind that choice, but also that this is something new and fresh for us.

But please know that we will exploit the hell out of the name for marketing purposes. :D

Ian

Bout time you guys got around to revisiting this sound, Ian. Sec16 and stuff like that was fine, but a little outside of my wheelhouse. The Illusion and the first Mag9 album are classics in my eyes and two of the first three albums I ever purchased online waaaaay back in 1997(?) Are you guys going to use the Psycodrama name or are you going down a different road. In any case, I fully anticipate you Corey and Herc to slay.

+1! Right there with you! :Spin:

Thanks Glenn! We'll make sure to get you a copy as well. We're still in the process of recording and have quite a bit to still complete.

I'll post updates as we get closer to being finished.

Corey is a great vocalist... I also think it's safe to say now that Corey will not be singing for Balance of Power... I mean they mentioned it way back in like 2004 or 2005, and yet I kept waiting for a new album... I do wonder what ever happened to balance of power though. It's a shame they broke up(at least as far as I know)...

Great Stuff!! These days after the awesome intro, I click stop when the vocals start. Not here! The whole thing held my attention. As a matter of fact, when the teaser stopped I was pissed it was over. Can't wait for the cd!

Really really looking forward to this. The music sounds great and I'm a huge fan of Corey's vocals. I was just thinking of the Balnace of Power thing the other day too, that had great potential.

Thanks labrekk, DustyV, angrarox, and Dragunsleigher for your comments. We sat down as a group in the studio last and read over the comments in this thread. Very heartwarming to read these positive comments!

Oh and DustyV, when we read your comments about Balance of Power and specifically your quote of "I do wonder what ever happened to balance of power though", Corey said "Yeah, ME TOO!" with a confused look on his face. Corey said he has not been contacted by anyone in that camp for years now. I don't think he would rule anything out if something were to happen, but sounds like nothing is happening at all.

Thanks again everyone for your comments.

We'll post more updates as we get further along.

Ian

I'm with everyone else on this thread Ian. Though I've never checked out Psycho Drama (I've been meaning to do that for years), I've always loved Magnitude 9, and I also really enjoyed Corey's performance with Redemption at ProgPower 4. I tried to get into Section 16 and Into The Machine, but they just didn't click with me. I've never been into the more modern hard rock/heavy metal style, but nonetheless, it just seems like melodic progressive/power metal flows more naturally out of you. Everything on this teaser sounds great. I look forward to hearing the finished product.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

@ Met-Al [ame]http://www.amazon.com/The-Illusion-Psyco-Drama/dp/B00005ARPC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360436199&sr=8-1&keywords=psyco+drama[/ame]

There ya go brother, this album is just fantastic, and yes I will say I love it lol. It's a fantastic piece of work. Not in anyway negative, but its a more straightforward prog-metal album, without the 12 minute songs. Worth every cent and then some.