New BeyondEarCandy.com w/ Request Radio!

Dave@BEC

Metal Missioner
Sep 13, 2003
NJ, USA
www.beyondearcandy.com
After months of effort, the “new & improved” www.BeyondEarCandy.com metal internet radio & webzine has arrived! All to better promote the independent labels and artists that play awesome metal music!!

Come check-out the website and its new features including:
- Redesigned Interactive Site
- Request Songs Online
- Personal Dedications
- Online Chat
- Updated & Expanded Concert Photos
- Expanded playlist, now over 2,600+ songs
- Polls
- New Ultimate Metal forum
- Themed Radio Shows (coming real soon!)

…and if your willing to help donate to the site's cause $4.95/month, you'll get these features as well:
- 128kb Quality Stream
- Members Requests (extra requests permited each hour)
- Ability to enter content to the websitre (if approved, it goes right on the site)
- More giveaways for members only
- 1 free month to our good metal friend’s site/radio @ Hardrockin80s.com (to round out your Hardrock/Metal listening needs)
Remember as always, "Help support METAL, listen & BUY the bands‘ CDs!"

BeyondEarCandy.com is proud band sponsors of Angra, at this year’s ProgPower USA festival! We can't wait, we'll see you all there!

Whoo, hooo. Dave's been busting ass on this. Lots of new functions especially the request radio. Like having your own prog power juke box. Major killer pain for the html guys, but you're gonna love it. Pick you music and hear it withing a certain time frame. Prog Power bands all featured. Thanks for everyone's support. We had to dump the old forum to go with Ultimate Metal so all old stuff is lost. Please take some time to bump up the new forum. CYA all in Atlanta!

Congratulations to Anne Marie and Dave at BEC!! What a great new site! It looks AWESOME! I'm really proud of you guys, you've come a long way! I hope my site can one day be a fraction of what yours is one day. Keep up the great work.

-Sean

booB said:
hey dave/ambr... do you guys host any sort of live show, or do you plan on implementing one in the future perchance?
Yep, absolutely. That's the next project we're working on, after ProgPower of course. ;)

is beyondearcandy a 24 hour station? if so, how do you manage that? :). Great idea though! Will check it out.

dusty0463 said:
is beyondearcandy a 24 hour station? if so, how do you manage that? :). Great idea though! Will check it out.
Yea it's 24/7, unless one of my kids accidently kicks the PC plug:erk: . Eventually will have DJ'ed shows too, but right now using software. The metal man DJ from beyond picking the tunes based on weights given to the playlist and of course any listener requests! :headbang:

Dave@BEC said:
Yea it's 24/7, unless one of my kids accidently kicks the PC plug:erk: . Eventually will have DJ'ed shows too, but right now using software. The metal man DJ from beyond picking the tunes based on weights given to the playlist and of course any listener requests! :headbang:

Hmm, actually when I try and click on the "Dialup - 32k" to listen, it pops up a small window which says, "Do you want to save this file?" and only gives the option of saving or canceling. Do you know what causes this?

Thanx in advance.
Dusty

dusty0463 said:
Hmm, actually when I try and click on the "Dialup - 32k" to listen, it pops up a small window which says, "Do you want to save this file?" and only gives the option of saving or canceling. Do you know what causes this?

Thanx in advance.
Dusty

Oops, nevermind, I figured it out through reasoning. Guess I just needed to save the listen.pls to my hard drive and then open it with real player. :).

I might have subscribe to that once I get a job where I can listen to music radio at work. That would be really cool and a great way to discover new bands without the hastle of downloading :)
Dusty

We can't listen to it at work, but yippee38 has his pc set up so that we can pipe sound out to the stereo. We listen to it ALL THE TIME at home. Almost never put CDs in while we're there. Just crank up the BEC.com baby !! At the office I can't listen to streaming radio, so I listen to my CDs in the truck and here.

dusty0463 said:
Oops, nevermind, I figured it out through reasoning. Guess I just needed to save the listen.pls to my hard drive and then open it with real player. :). I might have subscribe to that once I get a job where I can listen to music radio at work. That would be really cool and a great way to discover new bands without the hastle of downloading :)
Dusty
Glad you got it working, it does need to know a default player for the pls file or be directed to one. Glad your liking it, it's definitely all about turning people on to the bands! :headbang:

yardleybates said:
We can't listen to it at work, but yippee38 has his pc set up so that we can pipe sound out to the stereo. We listen to it ALL THE TIME at home. Almost never put CDs in while we're there. Just crank up the BEC.com baby !! At the office I can't listen to streaming radio, so I listen to my CDs in the truck and here.
WoW...that home use was awesome to hear, :D Thx!

Any way to have a feed compatible with Windows Media Player? I tried to listen from campus today, but with all the restrictions in place, you arent allowed to download any programs. Only thing available is Win Media.

metalsped said:
Any way to have a feed compatible with Windows Media Player? I tried to listen from campus today, but with all the restrictions in place, you arent allowed to download any programs. Only thing available is Win Media.
For now it is just a .pls stream so need a compatible player like Winamp/iTunes/MusicMatch, if somehow you can get one of them on it. Understand though, restricted PC's suck! :hotjump: But maybe in the future could offer a WMA stream version as well, just xtra costs...sorry there. :erk: