New Def Leppard Released Today!

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
Being a HUGE Def Leppard fan for many years I will definitely be picking this up today. If you like them the new single "Nine Lives" is rocking! By no means is this heavy metal or hard rock. I categorize Leppard as "Prock" a hybrid of Pop/Rock. Very cool song although I am unsure why Tim Mcgraw had to be part of it. I digress!

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Op_8ek4OAZY[/ame]

They lost there edge after HIGH N DRY... but they gained a great deal of money... they don't do anything for me anymore... Vivian used to be one of my favorite guitarist, first three Dio albums, Shadowking, River Dogs... his talent is wasted in DL... but to each his own...

"On Through The Night" and "High 'n' Dry" were great albums, after that, I lost a lot of respect for Def Leppard. But now, with this Tim McGraw collaboration, I think Def Leppard my have surpassed Metallica as metal's worst sellout.

"On Through The Night" and "High 'n' Dry" were great albums, after that, I lost a lot of respect for Def Leppard. But now, with this Tim McGraw collaboration, I think Def Leppard my have surpassed Metallica as metal's worst sellout.

Eventhough Leppard isn't metal, I get your point. Hard rock's worst sellout maybe. You have to include Bon Jovi in that statement as well. Sorry Glenn! Nashville = $$$, so these bands want to cash in I guess. :rolleyes:

~Brian~

Being a HUGE Def Leppard fan for many years I will definitely be picking this up today. If you like them the new single "Nine Lives" is rocking! By no means is this heavy metal or hard rock. I categorize Leppard as "Prock" a hybrid of Pop/Rock. Very cool song although I am unsure why Tim Mcgraw had to be part of it. I digress!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Op_8ek4OAZY

Q, I'm sorry, but I can in no way become excited about another Leppard release. I totally lost it for this band after Slang.

~Brian~

They lost their edge after Mutt Lange quit producing their albums.

The last album of theirs that I really liked was Hysteria. After that, they sound like all of the wanna be rock acts you hear on the radio these days. Nickelback and the current Def Leppard sound so much alike it's uncanny. :erk:

I love the first 2 DL realeases (saw them open for Nugent in support of On Through The Night), and can tolerate some of Pyromania (the beginning of the end of DL, imo)
I previewed the new cd, and it is AWFUL! Seriously, I could find not one single redeeming quality about any track, and I DO like almost all styles of music. Plus, I believe Vivian Campbell is still in the band, and I could never support anyone who disses their metal (better?) beginnings like he has. I rate this cd 5 asses, all pointing down, crapping on this cd......:devil:

Just watched the Pour Some Sugar On Me. Complete lip sync. I played Hysteria more times in high school than I care to count, and I'd bet large sums of money that was a lip sync. Not to mention I saw them about 4 years ago and Joe cannot hit those notes anymore.

I categorize Leppard as "Prock" a hybrid of Pop/Rock.

I like that! I'd use it if it weren't for the fact that it would totally screw up my last.fm charts.
Glad to see other fans here who don't hate them for moving from metal to rock :rolleyes: Then again, I like a lot of "Prock"!
I'll definitely be picking up this disc in the next few days. Can't wait!