New Evergrey....Glenn Spill the Beans

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
The article below sonds very good and promising on paper, but if Glenn knows anything or has heard anything from them then he should spill some beans. I very eager to see how the ''heaviest Evergrey album yet" sounds. Do you think that they will do some headlining US dates this time or will it be playing 5 songs again opening?

EVERGREY's official web site has been updated with the following message:

"As you all know, Fredrik Larsson was the temporary bass player after Michael [Håkansson] left. Fredrik has now rejoined HAMMERFALL. The EVERGREY crew wish him all the best in the future. He is still a good friend of the band.

"New songs have been and are being recorded. Tom [Englund; vocals, guitar] and Henrik [Danhage; guitar] are doing all the bass playing in the studio at this moment, so bass is not an issue at this time. Jonas [Ekdahl; drums] and Rikard [Zander; keyboards] are also participating in writing lyrics and music for the new album. The recording session is scheduled to be done by the end of the summer.

"The new album will be launched before Christmas.

"For all fans out there, this album is HEAVY! In my ears probably the heaviest they have ever done.

"After releasing the new album, EVERGREY will start touring. By that time a bass player should be selected for the band (hired or permanent, future will tell...). There are also some new endorsement contracts being negotiated at this time. It's still too early to announce as of yet. A new label is being sought after...more to come on that later."

Damn. Cool!
Do not know why any of this would be a "secret" though...

I didnt think it was a secret, I just thought maybe Glenn had heard some of it since he is "friends" with them or whatever. He posted a detailed review of their last album almost a month before it came out, and I have no patience just like I might kill someone if Oct doesnt get here faster.

The idea that this will be their "heaviest" disc seems strange to me. Why move in a more commercial direction, on sucessive CDs, and then backtrack? Sounds to me like they sought a wider audience, didn't find it, and are now looking to see if they can't expand their base closer to their roots. I can't help but wonder how inspired Tom will be to write their "heaviest" disc ever.

Few bands can play in Evergrey's league, when they're on their game. It would be amazing if Evergrey can recapture the quality they displayed on SDT and ISoT.

Zod

The Evergrey site also has an open audition call for some lucky individual to become their new bass player.

I wish I played bass or lived in Sweden, but since I don't qualify on either count, I'm sure there are a couple more-than-interested PPUSAers out there who wouldn't mind being selected for this gig!

Few bands can play in Evergrey's league, when they're on their game. It would be amazing if Evergrey can recapture the quality they displayed on SDT and ISoT.

Zod

Zod my friend, if this happens, I will find a brick, eat it, then proceed to the toilet and take a picture. I honestly don't think it will happen and think the sound will be along the lines of MMA sadly =\

Zod my friend, if this happens, I will find a brick, eat it, then proceed to the toilet and take a picture. I honestly don't think it will happen and think the sound will be along the lines of MMA sadly =\
Agreed. Although I'm hopeful they can recapture the magic, I suspect their best days are behind them.

Zod

Agreed 100%. Also agree with Zod on this.

The last Evergrey sucked hairy donkey balls and no they'll never go back to releasing anything in the vein of SDT or ISOT, especially with their current lineup.

Exactly - I've heard the 'heaviest album yet' and 'return to our roots/old sound' more often than.... well shit I've heard it a LOT

I am STOKED for new EVERGREY by end of year though - hot DAMN that is SWEET!!!

Greykiller - warm up the Speed3 - :headbang:

I see a roadtrip for a show if we don't luck out with another s. florida one like last time

Exactly - I've heard the 'heaviest album yet' and 'return to our roots/old sound' more often than.... well shit I've heard it a LOT

I am STOKED for new EVERGREY by end of year though - hot DAMN that is SWEET!!!

Greykiller - warm up the Speed3 - :headbang:

I see a roadtrip for a show if we don't luck out with another s. florida one like last time

The warp core is spooled up and ready.

I love Evergrey and in my book they can do nothing wrong. Sure I like some discs more than others but I have to say that overall, I like them all. My Favorite hands down is ISOT. I love that album and return to it over and over. I hope this is their heaviest album and that they will return to their roots but regardless if they do, I know I will enjoy the new disc.

What happened to their old drummer? I loved his drumming.

Thanks,

Brand