New Found Glory new video feat. Jordan in a Nuclear Assault shirt

I went with Mr. Tribunal to she this band years ago, they were ok I guess. I remember thinking we were two creep old guys in the club. Well consistering it was mostly teenage girls in there and we were in our mid and late 20s.
Anyway I recall the guy being in a Ratt shirt and Matt trying to explain to me how that gave him some cred or something. I just thought it was douchy. Of course at the time irony wasn't hip, or I don't think it was. Maybe New Found Glory helped to make irony hip, which in turn would make them really hip for being ironically hip be it was hipster... or something like that.
But I guess this guy can be into Nuclear Assault, why not? It is not as far fetched as that pop chick Reanna.

It's not that far-feteched, a bunch of these older "pop-punk" bands came from the hardcore scene. The guitarist for New Found Glory was the vocalist for Shai Hulud on their first album for example and a couple of the people from Fall Out Boy were in Race Traitor. Their drummer did a couple legs of the Earth Crisis reunion tour when they first got back together.

Eh, I am sure some of these guys may be into those bands or recently dug deeper into different genres and discovered bands like Nuc Assault.

Though let's be honest. You know they are going for a little bit of cred.

That is no different than Jamey Jasta from Hatebreed starting to wear Kreator and Celtic Frost shirts once they started playing Ozzfest.

Speaking of Earth Crisis, I think the drummer from Fall out Boy played a few shows with them a few years ago too.

I went with Mr. Tribunal to she this band years ago, they were ok I guess. I remember thinking we were two creep old guys in the club. Well consistering it was mostly teenage girls in there and we were in our mid and late 20s.

LOLZ - I had a similar experience going to see ALL and Less Than Jake around when I was mid 20's. When I walked into the club the guy told me and my friend that so far we were the only ones who were over 21, as he gave us our bracelet to go to the bar. Sure enough we go up to the balcony of the Metro (Chicago), and there were maybe 5 other guys there by that bar.

Eh, I am sure some of these guys may be into those bands or recently dug deeper into different genres and discovered bands like Nuc Assault.

Though let's be honest. You know they are going for a little bit of cred.

That is no different than Jamey Jasta from Hatebreed starting to wear Kreator and Celtic Frost shirts once they started playing Ozzfest.

Speaking of Earth Crisis, I think the drummer from Fall out Boy played a few shows with them a few years ago too.

Yeah I meant the Fall Out Boy drummer, just bad wording. Actually when I went to see Black Breath and Martyrdod a couple years ago, the drummer for the opening band had this SUPER HOT girl with him, was out of place for sure. Then I read the next day that it was the Fall Out Boy drummer who was filling in on that tour too, which explained it. So no 'cred' there, just a genuine love for heavy music. But throwing band shirts on for cred definitely happens, agreed (THAT TRIVUM PIC)

You do not know how many arguments on how many forums I have gotten into over this pic!!!!!!

1208900.jpg

While it's likely that Trivium pic is staged, considering all 4 shirts are different genres, it's almost impossible to tell if bands are staging it or are fans. Just because Jamey Jasta is in a hardcore band, doesn't mean he doesn't like metal either. Not defending him but who the fuck knows?

I don't find it that odd seeing these guys in Nuclear Assault shits I suppose. Considering they are probably my age it makes some sense. Besides really what kind of "cred" would it actually bring them; it is not like their core audience might know who Nuclear Assault, or would even care, nor are NA fans paying that much attention to New Found Glory.
Now Matt wearing Primal Fear shirts on stage at Killwhitneydead shows and playing Glass Tiger before the set, now that was for complete "cred".:lol:

I don't find it that odd seeing these guys in Nuclear Assault shits I suppose. Considering they are probably my age it makes some sense. Besides really what kind of "cred" would it actually bring them; it is not like their core audience might know who Nuclear Assault, or would even care, nor are NA fans paying that much attention to New Found Glory.
Now Matt wearing Primal Fear shirts on stage at Killwhitneydead shows and playing Glass Tiger before the set, now that was for complete "cred".:lol:

exactly, what cred....majority of the real metal fans won't fall for the...well they are wearing good band shirts thing and their fans are just sheep who don't know how to look for new music.

It wasn't Glass Tiger it was Starship's "We Built This City" and was part of our intro music. I picked a song everyone would know and could sing along too and put people in a fun mood before we came on. It worked well.

Also FoB guys were also in ARMA ANGELUS and KILL THE SLAVEMASTER too. Chad from NFG was also vocalist on the last Shai Hulud record too. He sounded pretty good.

FoB guys made the right choice sticking with the pop music considering I just saw them in Charlotte and there were probably 12,000+ people there. Not too shabby.

Come on give me more credit than that. It was Glass Tiger that night. OH no, my bad it was actually The Outfield.
Did not mean to take this into FOB, sorry bro but that band is terrible. I DID look into and I just want to bet her for bringing it into my home. HAHA What is their thing, "Saviors of Rock" of something like that? Band should be stoned. HAHA My first actual listen was turning on the car to hear that blast out the speakers at me, jeez that was terrible. Man there should be a support group for guys who have been exsposed to Fall Out Boy. HA

While it's likely that Trivium pic is staged, considering all 4 shirts are different genres, it's almost impossible to tell if bands are staging it or are fans. Just because Jamey Jasta is in a hardcore band, doesn't mean he doesn't like metal either. Not defending him but who the fuck knows?

Oh, he very well may be a fan of those bands.
Just saying he never wore metal shirts until the band crossed over into the Ozzfest scene.