New Halcyon Way album - Building The Towers

Metalmilitia2000

UM's Resident Asshole
Apr 22, 2003
Maplewood, Minnesota
www.facebook.com
Wow. These guys are friends of mine, so I thought that when they, especially Zane, was talking it up to me about being a great album that they might had been exaggerating a bit. It's no secret that I loved the first album, although I thought it was definitely a debut based on a few things. This new album, all I can say is wow. It's brilliant. The new singer, Steve Braun (from Ashent), is brilliant on it. Kris adds a whole new dimension with his backup death vocals, done very tastefully and are sung in a way where they are actually understood. The album as a whole is quite angry at the current state of affairs in this country and it really shows through the music and lyrics. I really can't say enough good things about it. My favorite songs would be Rise To Revise, Mouth Without A Head, Desecration Day, and Inside Looking Out (The Icon & The Ghost). If that wasn't enough, Pamela Moore (Sister Mary of Queensryche fame) guests on the album and does a great job.

It comes out in a month, buy it!

Picked up a copy from Jon at about 4am in the Courtyard Sunday morning...Haven't listened yet, but I liked the samples, and have to support my friends in HW. Will get a chance to listen to it this week, and will be sure to post some thoughts on it.

Tripe this!

I've listened to it the other night and thought it totally kicked ass. I got it queued up in the changer to listen to again (once this Juvaliant album that I am currently listening to finishes, which in its own right, kicks total ass as well!).