New Midnight mp3s (including duet with Jon Oliva)

Wow. That was incredible. Proof positive that it wasn't pointless in hanging onto faith in Midnight. He sounds great and teaming up with Jon really works well.

It not bad at all, but yeah I do prefer Transcendence, but that may be nostalgia speaking as that was one of my favorites.

Transcendence is indeed one of the best prog metal albums ever. "Lonely In Love"...I wet my pants every time I hear that. Patrick, tell me you're joking about Midnight's solo album being better than CG. You mean this new stuff or Sakada? The new stuff is cool sounding, Painted Skies is absolutely killer. Sounds like a return to form for sure. But Sadaka was the most atrocious thing I've ever heard....I actually deleted it from iTunes and gave away the CD.

Transcendence is indeed one of the best prog metal albums ever. "Lonely In Love"...I wet my pants every time I hear that. Patrick, tell me you're joking about Midnight's solo album being better than CG. You mean this new stuff or Sakada? The new stuff is cool sounding, Painted Skies is absolutely killer. Sounds like a return to form for sure. But Sadaka was the most atrocious thing I've ever heard....I actually deleted it from iTunes and gave away the CD.

umm...if you can point out to me where I said I liked his solo stuff better than Crimson Glory I guess I would admit to that, but I was just making a bit of conversation in reference to Billy's comment. To be quite honest before now I wasn't too familiar with either one, but I do love what I hear from the Midnight myspace page.

umm...if you can point out to me where I said I liked his solo stuff better than Crimson Glory I guess I would admit to that, but I was just making a bit of conversation in reference to Billy's comment. To be quite honest before now I wasn't too familiar with either one, but I do love what I hear from the Midnight myspace page.

Dunno, it looked like that's what you were getting at, I think you edited it so now I have to rely on my (probably faulty) memory. *shrug*

I made the mistake of picking up Sadaka at PP a couple years ago for like $5 and I was thinking "sweet! Midnight for $5". Got burned, bad. Tried to give it an honest shot, but just couldn't find anything redeeming about it. I mean, this is the legendary Midnight. Transcendence & Strange & Beautiful are really killer albums. Transcendence is a complete classic. So I guess he just wanted to do something really experimental and it didn't work for me at all.