New Pain of Salvation Video (Linoleum)

First time I've heard this song (didn't listen to the EP). This is a really good song. I can even imagine a lot of PoS-haters liking this. If they heard it on the radio they'd be like 'who is this?' then they'd find out and choke a little on their own vomit. I'm looking at you.

They moved on. TPE is so special because they've been able to progress their sound, NOTHING sounds like it and nothing probably ever will.

I dig the EP a bit more than Scarsick, but I still think BE is better than both.

Well, always expect the unexpected from POS. Course, that's why I love them.

I can definitely hear how this grows out of Scarsick, but they are definitely carrying a very 70s hard rock vibe in this as well. I like it. I can see a lot of fans getting pissed about it as well.

Love it :) Which I've said about every PoS release so far. Fanboy with no apology!! I don't hang on or agree with Gildenlow's every word, or like his attitude that sometimes becomes apparent, but I continue to like all of the music the band makes with very little drop off even through the changes in style.

Is it just me or does this sort of sound like Down, outside of Daniel's vocals obviously being different than Phil's? I'm probably just crazy, right? haha. Regardless, I'm loving this and am thinking of actually picking this EP up.

POS is so different from one disc to the next. You never know where they're going next, but they haven't alienated me yet (Disco Queen was close to bailing out of a moving vehicle at high speed). I just hope that they stun me with another classic some day down the road

Wow! That isn't what I expected at all! Oddly, it still has their sound, but the changes ring through loud and clear.

It would appear that they don't have a bassist (still/again?) and Daniel has significantly changed his looked - I almost don't recognize him.

I will be interested to hear the rest. Was not a fan of Be (although the DVD of it was pretty amazing) and Scarsick was OK, but didn't really ever grab me. The weird part is that I just was listening to Remedy Lane at work earlier for the first time in a while. Then I come up here and see this! Thanks for posting it!

By the way the DVD from last year is amazing IMO. When I viewed it I had the same feeling as when I heard the band for the first time. It was like a 're-boot' of PoS to me, a total reawakening of what made me love their music the first time coming back all over again.

Simon did leave the band recently.

...well, as usual Daniel and his crew went again in a different direction. I am a POS fan since the beginning and I have to say, that my favourite albums are the first ones.
EP is compleately different stuff. "12:5" was different, "Be" was different, Scarsick too and now again something that we did not expect. So I see POS as a journey. Wherever Daniel goes, I'll follow him on that trip.
If you have ever the possibility to see them live....just do it !!! They will take you with them on that journey....believe me :headbang: