New PERSEFONE video released

Claus / Intromental

20 years of uniting the powers of metal
Progressive metal act Persefone releases an animated video for the song “Prison Skin”. It´s the first single out from the already critical acclaimed album “Aathma” that will be in stores, worldwide on February 24.

Persefone´s own words about the song:

"It's been some time since we finished and mixed the album. Although we couldn't wait to share this music with everyone, some steps have to be followed before the release. The wait is almost over. During this time we have had the chance to witness a highly appreciated feedback from media and now we are ready to finally show you the first single from AATHMA. The single “Prison skin” is the first full track of the album and makes a musical statement about how the album will develop musically and sets the mood for the lyrical concept. It was supposed to be a lyric video in the beginning, but the people behind this creation did such a great job that we decided to go with just the animation part. But please, make sure you read the lyrics as you listen to the music, because one part meets the other to bring this concept to live. Thanks for the patience, love and support."

Watch "Prison Skin" here:

"Aathma” was mixed and mastered by legendary producer Jens Bogren in his Fascination Street Studios (Sweden). The album includes the epic 20-minute title-track, with guest appearances from vocalist Merethe Soltvedt and Leprous guitarist Øystein Landsverk. "Aathma"is set for worldwide release on February 24th, 2017 through ViciSolum Records, and will also feature Cynic's Paul Masvidal, appearing on the song "Living Waves", as well as on “An Infinitesimal Spark”. The amazing cover art is created by none other than Travis Smith, who shouldn't need further introduction.

"Aathma" will be released as double vinyl, digipak, CD and digital via ViciSolum Productions.

Band picture:
http://www.extrememetalpages.com/Persefone_band1800.jpg

Album cover:
http://www.extrememetalpages.com/Persefone_aathma.jpg

Aathma European Tour 2017
Special Guest: Poem

07.04, 2017 Razzmatazz, Barcelona, Spain w. Poem
08.04,, 2017 Changó, Madrid, Spain w. Poem
09.04 2017 Garaje, Murcia, Spain w. Poem
11.04, 2017 Barrio's Cafe, Milan, Italy w. Poem
12.04, 017 Backstage, Munich, Germany w. Poem
13.04, 2017 Z-7, Pratteln, Switzerland w. Poem
14.04, 2017 La Boule Noire, Paris, France w. Poem and Daturha
15.04, 2017 La Ferrailleur, Nantes, France w. Poem
16.04, 2017 Underworld Camden, London, UK w. Poem
17.04, 2017 Turock, Essen, Germany w. Poem and Samsara Circle
18.04, 2017 Podium Duycker, Hoofddorp, Holland w. Poem
19.04, 2017 Merleyn, Nijmegen, Holland w. Poem
20.04, 2017 Markthalle, Hamburg, Germany w. Poem
21.04, 2017 Forbraendingen, Copenhagen, Denmark w. Poem
22.04, 2017 Kraken, Stockholm, Sweden w. Poem and Loch Vostok

Festivals 2017:
07.23-29.2017 Metal Days, Slovenia

...many more, coming....

Persefone line-up:
Marc Martins: Vocals
Carlos Lozano: Guitars
Miguel Espinosa: Keyboards & Vocals
Tony Mestre: Bass
Sergi Verdeguer: Drums
Filipe Baldaia: Guitars

Persefone Discography:
2004 - Truth Inside The Shades
2006 - Core
2009 - Shin-Ken
2013 - Spiritual Migration
2017 - Aathma

Persefone online:
www.persefone.com
www.facebook.com/persefoneband
www.vicisolum.com

Reactions: Mardoch
Exactly one year after its release, I finally bought Aathma yesterday. Now I am REALLY looking forward to seeing them in September in Atlanta and.... I REALLY hope they decide to play Aathma in its entirety just to surprise us all. Great album & THANKS for bringing them here to our festival Glenn.

Reactions: Mardoch
Exactly one year after its release, I finally bought Aathma yesterday. Now I am REALLY looking forward to seeing them in September in Atlanta and.... I REALLY hope they decide to play Aathma in its entirety just to surprise us all. Great album & THANKS for bringing them here to our festival Glenn.
Better late than never, eh? It's a stunning album from start to finish.