New Sensory signing...Twisted Into Form

lasercd

Man Behind The Curtain
Dec 26, 2002
www.lasercd.com
Twisted Into Form

Twisted Into Form has risen to challenge all listeners as they break the confinement of technical metal to offer intense, complex and emotive pieces of music that defy categorization.

The band consists of former Spiral Architect guitarist Kaj Gornitzka, Extol drummer David Husvik, bassist Erik Aadland and original Spiral Architect session vocalist Leif J. Knashaug. The members started their collaboration in 2000. From the onset, it was determined that the band's mission was to create music that fused the intensity of jazz/fusion and technical metal while conjuring extraordinary emotions through each musician's contribution.

The debut album was recorded over the period of January 2004 to October 2005.

Twisted Into Form sign with Sensory Records for the release of their debut album! The album is to be mixed by noted producer Neil Kernon (Spiral Architect, Nevermore, Queensryche, Cannibal Corpse, etc).

The finished effort is titled "Then Comes Affliction To Awaken The Dreamer". Five years in the making, the album positions itself as a poignant alternative for all listeners demanding musical experiences that are not sanctioned by convention.

Release date: Spring 2006

lasercd said:
Twisted Into Form has risen to challenge all listeners as they break the confinement of technical metal to offer intense, complex and emotive pieces of music that defy categorization.
From the onset, it was determined that the band's mission was to create music that fused the intensity of jazz/fusion and technical metal while conjuring extraordinary emotions through each musician's contribution.

This is definately going to be interesting... i'm looking forward to it already :D ... though there's still atleast 5 months or more to go :erk: ... I can't wait for it to come out :hotjump:

Hey Neil,

Do you know the running time of this disc? Is it true that it's only 38 minutes or was that the demo?

NP: Solefald - Red for Fire: An Icelandic Odyssey Part I

I don't have the masters yet so I'm not absolutely sure at this moment. It should be quite a bit longer than that though.

Neil K.

Wow... this song is pretty good....quite technical... and pretty agressive... with some trills and riffs reminescent of black metal chops!! Though to be honest, the vocalist blows... I didn't like him at all !! ... maybe he just needs a bit of time to get used to .... or maybe not... maybe he just sucks !!! :err: yet i didn't notice anything inspiring about the solos or anything ,as lasercd said in the first post, "conjuring extraordinary emotions" about the music
...I also think this song still needs alot of mixing and enhancing to reach CD quality level... this is where you come in Neil :)

Dark Lord said:
Though to be honest, the vocalist blows... I didn't like him at all !! ... maybe he just needs a bit of time to get used to .... or maybe not... maybe he just sucks !!! :err:
Crule...but also hilarious.
yet i didn't notice anything inspiring about the solos or anything ,as lasercd said in the first post, "conjuring extraordinary emotions" about the music
A lot of write ups on bands are like that. Making them seem much more than they really are.
...I also think this song still needs alot of mixing and enhancing to reach CD quality level... this is where you come in Neil :)
Well like the website said this is just a rough copy of the song. It still has yet to be mixed and mastered.

I think its fine, although not the most interesting thing in the world.

yeah i know it's a rough copy... and yes you're right... it does sound good... but the only reason why i said that it needs some remixing is cause the volume is really low compared to other songs i have on my pc... really low... but the mixing of the instruments together is fine... plus... LOL... you'll like this... after about 10 times listening to the song (i just put play and repeat).. the vocalist is starting to sound better... i'm getting sort-off accustomed to his voice... but not quite there yet.... what i hate most about his voice possibly was the way he started singing into to the song @ approximately 19 seconds into the song... it's really weird and annoying !!! Anyway, but all in all, the song is pretty good.. and if the rest of the music on this album is going to be as good or better than this song, then this CD is on top of my list "to buy albums" this spring 2006 :D

Dark Lord said:
yeah i know it's a rough copy... and yes you're right... it does sound good... but the only reason why i said that it needs some remixing is cause the volume is really low compared to other songs i have on my pc... really low... but the mixing of the instruments together is fine... plus... LOL... you'll like this... after about 10 times listening to the song (i just put play and repeat).. the vocalist is starting to sound better... i'm getting sort-off accustomed to his voice... but not quite there yet.... what i hate most about his voice possibly was the way he started singing into to the song @ approximately 19 seconds into the song... it's really weird and annoying !!! Anyway, but all in all, the song is pretty good.. and if the rest of the music on this album is going to be as good or better than this song, then this CD is on top of my list "to buy albums" this spring 2006 :D

Actually it doesn't matter if the volume is high or low during the mixdown, that's when the mastering engineer enters the pitch, one of the things that they do is to crank up everything with their "little black magic boxes" so everything sounds great.

I think it's sad that no matter how good their album might be, it will always be compared to Spiral Architect's ASU, just because Kaj was in Spiral Architect at one point.

NP: Nightingale - Nightfall Overture