NEW SIX MINUTE CENTURY & ASIAN TYPHOON HITTING STREETS

MEGALOUD

The Nightmare Has Begun..
Nightmare has just released TWO new albums, they hit stores,
we didn't talk much about this since we were very tied up with the NIGHTMARE METAL FEST. Now that that is done (trust me, if you missed it your bumming) we're on with promoting the new music.
CHECK THESE GUYS MYSPACE PAGES, THEN GET THE STUFF ON AMAZON!

SIX MINUTE CENTURY - "Time Capsules"
Hit the streets MARCH 18th, these boys put in a stellar performance on Saturday the 22nd at the Nightmare Metal Fest. Chucks vocals are clear and pure and powerful much like
Tony Harnell, simply amazing heavy edged melodic metal with a nice progressive aspect to all the songs. Big guitar driven tunes. Six Minute Century is a power/prog metal band from Houston, Texas. Formed in the summer of 2004, the band has become one of the top power/prog metal bands in the area. Lead by guitarist Don LaFon (Krucible, Mystic Cross, Logan), the band, which also features John Sample on bass and Darren Davis (Outworld) on drums, fuses a mixture of power/prog metal with the groove of more southern style metal. Add to the band the soaring vocal melodies of Chuck Williams and you get a musical sound in the vein of Savatage / Dio / Kamelot, with the vocal style of Fates Warning / Dream Theater / TNT. While all members of Six Minute Century are technically proficient, the band does not fit the category of a band that tries to impress with how many notes they can play. Rather Six Minute Century prefers to write songs with melody, hooks, passion and groove that will appeal to a wider audience than many of today’s progressive metal bands. Chuck Williams writes many lyrics about historical events to accompany Don LaFon’s musical orchestrations. Six Minute Century’s debut release, “Time Capsules”, brings the listener into such events as The Iraq War, The Oklahoma City bombing, and the life of the legendary Martin Luther King Jr., as well as other non historical stories. “Time Capsules” is set for a Spring release on Nightmare Records.

www.myspace.com/sixminutecentury

http://www.myspace.com/asiantyphoonxyza

ASIAN TYPHOON "X.Y.Z.-A wings" Hit the streets MARCH 18th,
FEATURING THE LEGENDARY VOICE OF “LOUDNESS” MINORU NIIHARA As the founding vocalist of LOUDNESS, Minoru Niihara is well-known as one of Japan's top heavy metal exports. Through tours with the likes of AC/DC and Motley Crue, LOUDNESS stood out from the metal masses with unforgettable MTV hits like "Crazy Nights" and "Let It Go." Niihara left the band in the late 1980s to pursue a new sound, eventually winding up in X.Y.Z.->A with legendary Japanese guitarist Fumihiko Kitsutaka.

Niihara and Kitsutaka are joined on X.Y.Z.-A Wings by virtuoso bassist Tatsuhiko Wasada and acclaimed drummer/producer Funky Sueyoshi. The quartet formed in 1999 and has since put out 6 albums, 6 singles, and 2 DVDs. Featuring heavy-hitters like "Heavy Road" and For Whom The Bell Tolls," WINGS is the band's first North American release. WINGS shows the band at its heaviest yet also its most melodic with Kitsutaka's shredding still on full display.

http://www.myspace.com/asiantyphoonxyza

I HIGHLY recommend this CD!! Here's what one critic had to say:

"Did you ever hear an album that grabs you by the throat and won’t let go? I mean, an album that’s so unbelievable that you say to yourself, “They don’t make music like this any more”? Six Minute Century’s forthcoming album Time Capsules hit me like that. From the first song – “Under the Moonlight,” which opens with an atmospheric church organ (reminiscent of Rick Wakeman circa 1973) and features a killer riff, stratospheric vocals, and an infectious hook – the CD never let up. Time Capsules is a juggernaut of everything I like in my music: stunning guitar solos, jaw-dropping vocals, intelligent lyrics, and riffs up the wazoo. Even the production is crystal clear and bottom-end punchy. (I’m listening to track three, “One Man’s Dream,” as I type this thinking, “Holy shit this is good.”)

Guitarist Don LaFon is no stranger to making great music. Nor is he a stranger to performing live. As part of Krucible, Don and company wowed the audience at last year’s ProgPower USA metal fest in Atlanta. Now, as part of Six Minute Century, he’s poised to become one of the most talked-about guitarists in power metal. My prediction: if SMC can keep up this level of songwriting, it’s going to be the band to watch in the years ahead."

Give it a listen - and check out the lyrics - no relationship, "she dumped my ass and I miss her" shit. The music is about real things (well, except maybe the Vampires :heh:) and real events. You might want to listen to "Guitar Concerto" if you like guitars!! :worship:

Chris :headbang:

I HIGHLY recommend this CD!! Here's what one critic had to say:

"Did you ever hear an album that grabs you by the throat and won’t let go? I mean, an album that’s so unbelievable that you say to yourself, “They don’t make music like this any more”? Six Minute Century’s forthcoming album Time Capsules hit me like that. From the first song – “Under the Moonlight,” which opens with an atmospheric church organ (reminiscent of Rick Wakeman circa 1973) and features a killer riff, stratospheric vocals, and an infectious hook – the CD never let up. Time Capsules is a juggernaut of everything I like in my music: stunning guitar solos, jaw-dropping vocals, intelligent lyrics, and riffs up the wazoo. Even the production is crystal clear and bottom-end punchy. (I’m listening to track three, “One Man’s Dream,” as I type this thinking, “Holy shit this is good.”)

Guitarist Don LaFon is no stranger to making great music. Nor is he a stranger to performing live. As part of Krucible, Don and company wowed the audience at last year’s ProgPower USA metal fest in Atlanta. Now, as part of Six Minute Century, he’s poised to become one of the most talked-about guitarists in power metal. My prediction: if SMC can keep up this level of songwriting, it’s going to be the band to watch in the years ahead."

Give it a listen - and check out the lyrics - no relationship, "she dumped my ass and I miss her" shit. The music is about real things (well, except maybe the Vampires :heh:) and real events. You might want to listen to "Guitar Concerto" if you like guitars!! :worship:

Hey, I recognize that critic. :)

Six Minute Century's album is easily one of the coolest, best-produced, and best-played releases I've heard in years.

If you dig big air guitar-friendly riffing, vocals that reach the stratosphere, and solos that are both speedy and emotional, you will cream your jeans over SMC's album.

As CD mogul Ken Golden would say, "Highest Recommendation."

Thanks for continuing to release some of the finest metal around, Mr. King!

Bill

Hey, I recognize that critic. :)

Six Minute Century's album is easily one of the coolest, best-produced, and best-played releases I've heard in years.

If you dig big air guitar-friendly riffing, vocals that reach the stratosphere, and solos that are both speedy and emotional, you will cream your jeans over SMC's album.

As CD mogul Ken Golden would say, "Highest Recommendation."

Thanks for continuing to release some of the finest metal around, Mr. King!

Bill

Great critique and interview with Don LaFon. I've been listening to these guys for 6-7 years now and I'm glad to see they are getting some of the recognition they deserve. Come on down to Houston on April 19 (yeah - like the song!!) for the CD release party. I have crash space!!