New Within Temptation single getting play on XM

TheLongshot

Feb 11, 2002
Visit site
Well, first is it Lacuna Coil, and now it is Within Temptation that is following and is now getting some play on XM's Squizz with "What Have You Done". It isn't much of a surprise, since it looked like they were heading into more of the Evanessence track of success, even tho I enjoyed the hell out of "The Silent Force".

Jason

I heard the new song on the local "alternative" music station, which of course means non-stop Green Day, Hinder, and Foo Fighters. It was a big surprise.

Well, first is it Lacuna Coil, and now it is Within Temptation that is following and is now getting some play on XM's Squizz with "What Have You Done". It isn't much of a surprise, since it looked like they were heading into more of the Evanessence track of success, even tho I enjoyed the hell out of "The Silent Force".

Jason

Gee they are only a few weeks behind Sirius--they have been playing LC since forever and the WT song was being played a few days after it was released. Sirius also played the new Symph X song the same day it was released.

If it knocks the talentless crap-machine known as Hinder off the air for a brief respite, than full steam head.

SCREAMING DEATH TO HINDER.

Gee they are only a few weeks behind Sirius--they have been playing LC since forever and the WT song was being played a few days after it was released. Sirius also played the new Symph X song the same day it was released.

What channel on Sirius? I quit my Sirius subscription because I couldn't find good prog or power metal on there...

Guess I quit too soon? :(

What channel on Sirius? I quit my Sirius subscription because I couldn't find good prog or power metal on there...

Guess I quit too soon? :(

Hard Attack (almost nothing but cookie monster and scream death metal) has been playing SymphX and Octane has been playing SX and Within Temptation.

But I have to say, the more I listen to both channels the less I like--the rotation seems to be much too tight for me.

So, did you get out too soon? I dunno. If I knew that Howard was gonna be on for about 2 days live this month I probably would have turned off the service till august.

Well, XM has played LC for a while. I was just saying that Within Temptation seems to be following a similar path (hopefully with a better album). I don't know how long XM has been playing it, since I only listen to Squizz occasionally.

The new SX got play on the Sunday before the release on the new music show. Last Monday, Romeo and Allen were on the Eddie Trunk show giving an interview.

Jason

Hard Attack (almost nothing but cookie monster and scream death metal) has been playing SymphX and Octane has been playing SX and Within Temptation.

But I have to say, the more I listen to both channels the less I like--the rotation seems to be much too tight for me.

So, did you get out too soon? I dunno. If I knew that Howard was gonna be on for about 2 days live this month I probably would have turned off the service till august.

Don't care for Howard one way or the other. He's a non-factor when it came to my Sirius subscription.

Whenever I listened to Hard Attack, it was the same old thrash metal that I don't care for. Once in a blue moon I could find DragonForce on there, but that's about it. Couldn't stand to listen to that channel for more than a few minutes at a time. Octane was a little bit better, but like you said, a very tight playlist and not enough variety.

I found I was listening to my iPod more and more, and not even turning on the Sirius receiver. Its now deactivated and if anyone wants it, I'll sell it to you for a good price. PM if interested.

Yep. More than twenty people have heard of WT now. Damned sellouts.

I am now required, by the rules and regulations set forth by the Supreme Council of Metal, to dislike them -- and claim that I have always disliked them, despite the fact that my ride from Amsterdam to ProgPower Europe 1999 was also, briefly, their drummer. :lol: :lol: