N.Y. Giants at St. Louis
Arizona at Seattle
Buffalo at Minnesota
Houston at San Diego
Denver at San Francisco
Oakland at Pittsburgh

Monday, September 16

Philadelphia at Washington

Post your picks by Saturday night and I'll gather up the score and post the results next Tuesday.

Ok, here are my picks for next week. I haven't reviewed what many of the teams did in the first week so I'll go with my gut feeling.

Sunday, September 15
-------------------------------------------> Winner:
Chicago at Atlanta -------------------> Atlanta
Tampa Bay at Baltimore-------------> Tampa Bay
Detroit at Carolina -------------------> Detroit
Cincinnati at Cleveland--------------> Cleveland
Tennessee at Dallas-----------------> Tennessee :(
Miami at Indianapolis----------------> Miami
Jacksonville at Kansas City---------> Kansas City
Green Bay at New Orleans---------> Green Bay
New England at N.Y. Jets-----------> New England
N.Y. Giants at St. Louis--------------> St. Louis
Arizona at Seattle--------------------> Seattle
Buffalo at Minnesota-----------------> Buffalo
Houston at San Diego--------------- > San Diego
Denver at San Francisco-------------> Denver
Oakland at Pittsburgh----------------> Oakland (should be good)

Monday, September 16

Philadelphia at Washington----------> Philadelphia

I had to edit this to fix the formatting.

Sunday, September 15
-------------------------------------------> Winner:
Chicago at Atlanta -------------------> Chicago
Tampa Bay at Baltimore-------------> Tampa Bay
Detroit at Carolina -------------------> Detroit
Cincinnati at Cleveland--------------> Cleveland
Tennessee at Dallas-----------------> Tennessee
Miami at Indianapolis----------------> Miami
Jacksonville at Kansas City---------> Kansas City
Green Bay at New Orleans---------> Green Bay
New England at N.Y. Jets-----------> New England
N.Y. Giants at St. Louis--------------> St. Louis
Arizona at Seattle--------------------> Seattle
Buffalo at Minnesota-----------------> Buffalo
Houston at San Diego--------------- > San Diego
Denver at San Francisco-------------> San Francisco
Oakland at Pittsburgh----------------> Pittsburgh

Monday, September 16

Philadelphia at Washington----------> Philadelphia

Here are my pics.
Sunday, September 15

Chicago at Atlanta ..ATLANTA
Tampa Bay at Baltimore ..TAMPA BAY
Detroit at Carolina .. CAROLINA :(
Cincinnati at Cleveland .. CINCINNATI
Tennessee at Dallas .. DALLAS :)
Miami at Indianapolis .. MIAMI
Jacksonville at Kansas City ..KANSAS CITY
Green Bay at New Orleans ..GREEN BAY
New England at N.Y. Jets .. JETS
N.Y. Giants at St. Louis .. ST. LOUIS
Arizona at Seattle .. ARIZONA
Buffalo at Minnesota .. MINNESOTA
Houston at San Diego .. SAN DIEGO
Denver at San Francisco .. DENVER
Oakland at Pittsburgh .. PITTSBURGH. Enjoy the game EC :)

Monday, September 16

Philadelphia at Washington .. WASHINGTON

Originally posted by Constantine

EC, hope you have a blast at the game, you lucky dog:D

Constantine

Thanks, Constantine! :cool:

We had a great time despite the score, the pre-game rain, the lousy parking, the old guys behind us who seemed to want to fight.... :rolleyes: :lol:

Heinz Field is really a very nice stadium! :headbang:

My Steelers had better get thier act together soon, though....:eek:

I watched the Steelers/Raiders game on tv...The Raaaaaiiiiiidddddaaaahhhhssss....
sorry Ec, had to get that in there.:lol: I am really surprised at how teams are able to throw the ball with so much success against the Steelers. Maybe if they can back off of their stop the run first defensive mentality next week a little bit they can have some success stopping the pass.:)
Better luck next week Ec, I had to go with the Raiders on this one because they are my second favorite team next to the...
Cowboys!!! They won!! I didn't think they had a chance. They won't go 0-16, whoooh! :)

This is shaping up to be a strange season. The Cowboys lost to the Texans but beat the Titans, who beat the Eagles who lost to the Titans but killed the Redskins. The Rams are 0-2, time for an ego check I think. The 49ers are struggling, I don't mind that. :)
The Saints beat Green Bay. I'm also surprised by how well the Patriots are playing. I wasn't really impressed by them last season. They have looked really solid so far this season. They dominated the Jets.

Originally posted by Mr. Hyde
I watched the Steelers/Raiders game on tv...The Raaaaaiiiiiidddddaaaahhhhssss....
sorry Ec, had to get that in there.:lol: I am really surprised at how teams are able to throw the ball with so much success against the Steelers. Maybe if they can back off of their stop the run first defensive mentality next week a little bit they can have some success stopping the pass.:)
Better luck next week Ec, I had to go with the Raiders on this one because they are my second favorite team next to the...
Cowboys!!! They won!! I didn't think they had a chance. They won't go 0-16, whoooh! :)

This is shaping up to be a strange season. The Cowboys lost to the Texans but beat the Titans, who beat the Eagles who lost to the Titans but killed the Redskins. The Rams are 0-2, time for an ego check I think. The 49ers are struggling, I don't mind that. :)
The Saints beat Green Bay. I'm also surprised by how well the Patriots are playing. I wasn't really impressed by them last season. They have looked really solid so far this season. They dominated the Jets.

Quite alright Mr Hyde, no need to apologize! I'd root for the Steelers even if my mother was QB for the other team! :lol:

Ya know, a lot is being made of the Steelers giving up passing yards to the 4 and 5 WR sets, and there is something to that, but I think that there's something else that's very basic in football that's getting overlooked. The Steelers were in both of those games most of the way. It's really not as bad as it seems and the thing that's getting overlooked is that in those two games, the Steelers have turned the ball over ten times! :eek: (not to mention the Special Teams TDs they gave up) If they hadn't, they'd have stood an excellent chance in both of those games.

I personally don't think that they're playing as poorly as it appears, they're really just making colossal mistakes at very key moments, and it's killing any momentum they've mustered.

Don't get me wrong, I commend both the Pats and the Raiders for using a passing scheme that minimizes the impact of our LBs, the strength of our defense. It's a smart scheme and worthy of some credit. However, if you take away a few of the real boneheaded fumbles, etc, the Steelers just may have been 2-0 at this point, and everyone would be wondering why the Pats and Raiders tried a scheme so radical.

I guess my point is that even though it has been awful enough on the scoreboard, if the Steelers can avoid these big mistakes at costly times I think they'll be just fine no matter how other teams choose to play them. They are very much a team that's built around ball control and with a team like that, nothing works when you're turning the ball over left, right, and center. :(