Nightwish: Four samples from the upcoming CD

Found 'Eva' boring, damn I found "Once" unappealling. Unless these guys returned to at least the "Wishmaster" sound whoever singing the band is dead for me.

NP: Abandoned - 'Damned For All Time'

:lol: Jokes people, jokes!

I still want to see it! I imagine there's a lot of things Marco would do if drunk enough.

marcodress.jpg

Guys, if these samples are ANY indication, Nightwish has just achieved the most spectacular upgrade since a band called Iron Maiden hired a singer by the name of Bruce Dickinson. Anette fits right in with the band, and her vocals are incredible. The music itself puts one Tuomas Lauri Johannes Holopainen up in the same musical storytelling heights as a Jim Croce or a Harry Chapin.

I will also say, that if the samples are ANY indication, this is going to Nightwish's finest album since "Wishmaster". You can simply hear the joy and love radiate from the samples. You can feel the energy, baby. Anette can seriously dish the rock, baby:worship: :worship: :worship: . This CD is gonna be awesome, baby!:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: A real PTP'er!:Smokin: :Smokin: I am dead serious on this.

Sorry. When I get excited like this, I get a case of the Dick Vitale Syndrome.

Peace,
Ray C.

Oh. Oh wow. This is fucking amazing. I agree with Sting, Annette's voice is unparallelly awesome, and as far as I'm concerned, it definitely complements Marco's voice wonderfully.

Jukka's drumming again is stand out awesome and gives me fucking goose bumps, the guitar is heavy and sounds of FUCKING AWESOME, and Tuomas.. Tuomas is just simply .. brilliant.

It's official for me, Annette is the new front woman for nightwish and she will deliver. I will be around to support her for as many US shows as possible.

It sounds to me the band has went slightly in a different direction, which is good to start the new chapter off.

I once did a think tank on the BG forum about Nightwish and their musical progression through the years, and found that between Angels Fall First and Century Child (which had been their most recent release) you can see in each album the band both getting much better and also re-inventing their sound, attempting to find what it is they wanted to sound like. From Angels to Oceanborn, we find that Oceanborn is more defined, better written, and overall a definite improvement over their Freshman release.

From Oceanborn to Wishmaster, we see the sound take on a definite Operatic approach, utilizing Tarja's incredible voice to a hugely full extent of extreme rock and symphony, once again moving the bands sound in a side/forward direction.

Then from Wishmaster to Century Child, we note a more .. some say.. radio friendly side, but still heavy and definitely Nightwish. A sound so different from what they'd been doing, yet so completely recognisable as Nightwish, complexity and awesomeness. This, I believe is where the band first started to discover their sound, started to build on who they were, the discovery process at long last was over, now it was time to move into this role and just rock every fucking fans face off.

Move to Once: Mission Accomplished.

I hope this next album follows the trend from CC to Once. It should indeed blow everything else away.

Guys, if these samples are ANY indication, Nightwish has just achieved the most spectacular upgrade since a band called Iron Maiden hired a singer by the name of Bruce Dickinson. Anette fits right in with the band, and her vocals are incredible. The music itself puts one Tuomas Lauri Johannes Holopainen up in the same musical storytelling heights as a Jim Croce or a Harry Chapin.

I will also say, that if the samples are ANY indication, this is going to Nightwish's finest album since "Wishmaster". You can simply hear the joy and love radiate from the samples. You can feel the energy, baby. Anette can seriously dish the rock, baby:worship: :worship: :worship: . This CD is gonna be awesome, baby!:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: A real PTP'er!:Smokin: :Smokin: I am dead serious on this.

Sorry. When I get excited like this, I get a case of the Dick Vitale Syndrome.

Peace,
Ray C.

A case of the Dickie V, you indeed have. To make that comparison, I think, may be a bit premature, considering the live performance of a one Bruce Dickinson. Let's all see how she handles the reigns in the live setting, though from the sounds of it, she'll slay.

Also, I love the departure from the operatic!!! Fucking great, as far as I'm concerned. The new tracks sounded powerful and exciting, and I can't wait to hear more. In particular, track #1. The beginning of that song just made me salivate for what was playing right before it. It sounded fucking epic!!!

I hope theres more to it than those clips.While not horribly bad,there was just something about the way Tarja kicked the vocals in that I will always identify with Nightwish.The new singer has a nice voice,but I haven't heard the power,nor the range that Tarja brought to the table.Its just meh.
Hope this surprises me,because I am lacking confidence right now,

To me, nightwish had always been about the blend of the music. Tarja was nothing more than another instrument perfectly plucked by Tuomas. I think Annette will be the same.

The new singer has a nice voice,but I haven't heard the power,nor the range that Tarja brought to the table.Its just meh.

Im glad you said this because this reminded me of something I completely left out of my first post, and this is by no means ripping on your comment because I do agree to an extent. I think with those half a minute (or a little more) samples you really can't gather much of Anette's power or range at all, and that is where I agree. Though, Im sure Nightwish wouldn't have picked someone who didn't have the range and capacity to achieve at least some of the same talents that Tarja has. It really wouldn't make sense from a band standpoint to get someone new who wasn't capable of singing the older material.

Im glad you said this because this reminded me of something I completely left out of my first post, and this is by no means ripping on your comment because I do agree to an extent. I think with those half a minute (or a little more) samples you really can't gather much of Anette's power or range at all, and that is where I agree. Though, Im sure Nightwish wouldn't have picked someone who didn't have the range and capacity to achieve at least some of the same talents that Tarja has. It really wouldn't make sense from a band standpoint to get someone new who wasn't capable of singing the older material.

If that was the case then there'd be no Barlow / Owens dispute. While Ripper is an excellent singer he doesn't sing the old songs the way Barlow did, so a lot of Iced Earth fans reject him.

David Reece didn't sound anything close to Udo when he replaced him in Accept.

Pyramaze is going to sound completely different with Barlow as opposed to Lance. They're likely to make some excellent music with Barlow, but the old stuff can't and won't sound the same in concert.

Same is true of Nightwish. I think between 4 sound samples from Nightwish and the songs from Alyson Avenue one can get a pretty clear idea what her voice sounds like. Once again, it's a nice voice but doesn't have the power or unique quality of Tarja's.

They'll make some decent music with Anette obviously. However, the only thing that diffentiates them in these clips from many female fronted bands is her harmonies with Marco. And those are pretty indistinguishable from Marco and Charlotte Wessels of Delain.

I find it very interesting that 4 years ago when Nightwish headlined ProgPower IV with Tarja they were highly praised and popular. Now that Tarja got rockstar attitude and got fired suddenly she really couldn't sing anyway, and she 'always' got on people's nerves.

It makes me wonder how many of these same people will be saying "Yes! Tarja's back!" if ala Priest/Halford she and the band reunite.

I think I have read it all here. Comparing Tarja to Paul Di'Anno cracks me up. This new singer will have to have a much more powerful voice than Tarja for the comparison to work. From the samples, I don't see it just yet.

Tarja and Anette are stylistically very different...and while I like Tarja, I prefer the less operatic style of Anette, so I'm pleased with the current direction. The new samples sound pretty good...and I like that Marco will have a larger presence...Marco owns :)

Tarja and Anette are stylistically very different...and while I like Tarja, I prefer the less operatic style of Anette, so I'm pleased with the current direction. The new samples sound pretty good...and I like that Marco will have a larger presence...Marco owns :)

That less operatic style will gain them more NEW fans in the long run I believe. Thus is their intent.

well I have to say these clips are BADASS.

she sounds great, I just wonder if all that emotion will come out of her on stage. Music wise it's typical, but already more interesting than "Once" imo.

i guess the operatic thing is gone though :erk:

i always did like a little touch of that in Nightwish