Nightwish question

Andy Laudano

Feb 24, 2005
Ft Worth Texas
A friend posted a cool Nightwish song that I never heard called "Where Were You Last Night" from an album I've never heard of called Wishsides. I googled it and found a billion places to download it but no info about it. The only info I could find is that it's a 2 CD high quality bootleg compillation of unreleased tracks with Tarja. Can anyone give me any more info about this or the songs on it other than that? I realize this is old news and as per usual I'm probably the last to find out about this so if this has already been talked about somewhere else please send me a link.

A friend posted a cool Nightwish song that I never heard called "Where Were You Last Night" from an album I've never heard of called Wishsides. I googled it and found a billion places to download it but no info about it. The only info I could find is that it's a 2 CD high quality bootleg compillation of unreleased tracks with Tarja. Can anyone give me any more info about this or the songs on it other than that? I realize this is old news and as per usual I'm probably the last to find out about this so if this has already been talked about somewhere else please send me a link.

Nightwish - Wishsides; 2005
CD 1:
1. Leaving Your For Me (T.Turunen & M.Kesici)
2. Etiainen (Unreleased Track)
3. Nightwish (Unreleased Track)
4. The Forever Moments (Unreleased Track)
5. The Siren (Live version)
6. Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan (Live Version)
7. Symphony Of Destruction (Live)
8. Creek Marys Blood (Orchestra Instr. Score)
9. Ghost Love Score (Instr. Score)
10. Where Were You Last Night
11. White Night Fantasy
12. Nemo (Orchestra Version)

CD 2:
1. Live To Tell The Tale
2. Sleeping Sun
3. The Wayfarer
4. Sleepwalker
5. Once Upon A Troubadour
6. Nightquest
7. Lagoon
8. A Return To The Sea
9. Swanheart (Live Version)
10. Deep Sient Complete (Live Version)
11. Dead Boys Poem (Live Version)
12. Crimson Tide'/Deep Blue Sea (Live)
13. En Etsi Valtaa, Loistoa
14. Kun Joulu On

Nightwish - Wishsides is a well known pirate 2CD released in 2005 as a factory-printed hard copy with cover, originating probably from Russia. As you can see from the tracklist in the previous post by Primal, it is a mixture of old and rare Nw-songs, live tracks, CDS-only tracks, and orchetral versions from the Once bonus-CD added with some Tarja's solo releases.

"Where Were You Last Night" is a cover song, originally released 1989 by Swedish pop-singer Ankie Bagger. Nightwish made a (light)metal version of it when they were recording Once but it was only released on "I Wish I Had An Angel" CDS (2004) the second cut taken from Once.

I Wish I Had An Angel (2004) tracklist:

01. Wish I Had An Angel 04:09
02. Ghost Love Score (Instrumental Score) 10:46
03. Where Were You Last Night 03:53
04. Wish I Had An Angel (Demo Version) 04:08

Interesting. I've listened to that before, but never knew it was a pirate release. It wouldn't have been something I would have looked up on the band's discography since it seemed real....I always assumed it was a B-sides compilation from the band itself. I thought the orchestral Ghost Love Score was pretty cool.

There is an orchestral version of "The Escapist" that is totally awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Escapist is a "left-over" track from Dark Passion Play, not from Once. It was used as Japanese CD bonustrack. The version J-Man linked above is not a genuine orchestral, it consits of the rear channels of the 5.1 instrumantal release (= made by muting the 5.1 front channels where band's instruments are).

The Escapist is a "left-over" track from Dark Passion Play, not from Once. It was used as Japanese CD bonustrack.

It's also widely available on the Made in Hong Kong (And in Various Other Places) live/rarities thingy they put out in 2009. Helluva song.

The Escapist is a "left-over" track from Dark Passion Play, not from Once. It was used as Japanese CD bonustrack. The version J-Man linked above is not a genuine orchestral, it consits of the rear channels of the 5.1 instrumantal release (= made by muting the 5.1 front channels where band's instruments are).

Still sounds good :D