Nonpoint - st - melodic modern nu-metal

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Ok someone needs to put me back in my shell but just one more modern crap for you guys to check. Sorry it's not power metal or more on topic for the board but I liked the album a lot even though I don't really even know the band at all apart from seeing them as a name. The only reason I post is that the songs are very catchy and have a lot of melodic singing similar to Disturbed. That's it really. Check it out anyway. Right back to my shell...

Seriously, you've never heard of Nonpoint? These guys slay. Seen them at Piere's in Ft Wayne. Great bunch of guys. Proverbial road warriors, they tour all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huge Nonpoint fan here. The two new guitarists and new bass player have breathed new life into this band.

The single is posted above, but the new s/t really is leaps and bounds above everything they have done before. More of a metal record then the previous ones.

Here is my personal fave, which I think is one of the finest songs they have put down.

Every time someone says a band "slays", all I can think of is the band dressed up like Santa, riding through the air on a christmas sleigh.

sleighr.gif

Huge Nonpoint fan here. The two new guitarists and new bass player have breathed new life into this band.

The single is posted above, but the new s/t really is leaps and bounds above everything they have done before. More of a metal record then the previous ones.

Here is my personal fave, which I think is one of the finest songs they have put down.

International Crisis rocks badly. Great tune. I also like Pandora's Box a lot. I Said It is also stupidly aggressive and fun.

Aeonic - I don't know Taproot so can't comment. However it's very rare for me to like nu-metal. For example I detest Korn, Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park even.

That's seriously one of the stupidest things I have ever seen.

Well, except for the band called SLEIGH BELLS, though I am sure someone here will claim they are "Not metal, but still a great band" since they seem to be Pitchfork media darlings.

Did you know that the main dude in Sleigh Bells was the main dude in Poison The Well? Pretty funny to me. But yeah great band.

Did you know that the main dude in Sleigh Bells was the main dude in Poison The Well? Pretty funny to me. But yeah great band.

This topic is now a PtW topic, thanks.

Fucking great band, the first couple records, anyway. They seem to have been forgotten in recent years but their influence on the metalcore explosion is undeniable. There was a time when that band was king.

This topic is now a PtW topic, thanks.

Fucking great band, the first couple records, anyway. They seem to have been forgotten in recent years but their influence on the metalcore explosion is undeniable. There was a time when that band was king.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS1TEY5l0yA

I wouldn't even call them metalcore. They were lumped in with those bands because it was convenient and who would pass up being reviewed in Revolver next to Killswitch you know? But imo they were an artsy hardcore band right up with Converge and Botch.