"Nothing Else Matters" in movie trailer

seh750

Jun 14, 2010
Beaverton, OR, USA
At the movie theater last night a preview came on for Zero Dark Thirty and there was a children's choir singing an orchestrated version of Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. Took me a bit to catch on to what song it was because it was so much softer than the original.

Here's the trailer. Song starts at about 1:10.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the movie theater last night a preview came on for Zero Dark Thirty and there was a children's choir singing an orchestrated version of Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. Took me a bit to catch on to what song it was because it was so much softer than the original.

Here's the trailer. Song starts at about 1:10.

it was great...it took me 6 sec

Last edited by a moderator:
Took you a bit to catch, huh? As a real metalhead, this tune had unfortunately been burnt into my synapses. Should've taken less than 1/2 a second for a real metalheads sphincter to contract in derision.

Goddamit.

Kinda reminds me of when they started reciting Hendrix lyrics on BSG...and it all went to creative shit from there...!

Took you a bit to catch, huh? As a real metalhead, this tune had unfortunately been burnt into my synapses. Should've taken less than 1/2 a second for a real metalheads sphincter to contract in derision.

Derision? Not that I plan to buy a CD of thrash metal's greatest hits performed by the Vienna Boys Choir, but I kind of liked it. Seems one hallmark of a good song is when it can be successfully translated to different styles.

Could you imagine an orchestral version of Gangnam Style? Yeah, me neither.

Probably be seeing the movie this weekend, so will get to hear the whole choral version of NEM, we'll see if it holds up past 10 seconds.

Derision? Not that I plan to buy a CD of thrash metal's greatest hits performed by the Vienna Boys Choir, but I kind of liked it. Seems one hallmark of a good song is when it can be successfully translated to different styles.

Could you imagine an orchestral version of Gangnam Style? Yeah, me neither.

Probably be seeing the movie this weekend, so will get to hear the whole choral version of NEM, we'll see if it holds up past 10 seconds.

An orchestral version of Gangnam Style would be hilarious.

I would like to see the movie as well, but it won't be playing near me until the 11th, if then.

My bad, looks like it's not out till next Friday here either. Wife's in charge of picking movies most of the time.

Well...if you're lucky, your wife might give you a chance to form an opinion based on something you've either seen/heard over 10 seconds...

Good luck to you!

Well...if you're lucky, your wife might give you a chance to form an opinion based on something you've either seen/heard over 10 seconds...

Good luck to you!

She picks the movies. I pick the concerts. Not a bad tradeoff. Besides she likes flicks with fast cars where stuff blows up, who's to complain about that.

Saw this the other day, the way they depict the raid on the Bin Laden compound in Pakistan is one of the most intense military scenes in any film imo. I was on the edge of my seat.

And no, "Nothing Else Matters" is not actually in the film - just the trailer.