Now Reading...

They are fun and addicting. Somehow I stopped after the 3rd. Got distracted with something else I suppose.

Honestly, you're not missing much after the third, although the fourth is worth it just to see two particular characters meet for the first time, but at that point the story gets heavily tangled in the runup to the American Revolution and so dragged out, not to mention taking away a lot of the focus from Jamie and Claire (I like John Grey, but I don't need half a book on him, let alone Brianna and Roger), so it gets pretty tedious.

Awaiting some arrivals in the mail from Amazon*, and the timing should work out well since I'm almost finished with the Percy Jackson books:

battle-labyrinth-rick-riordan-hardcover-cover-art.jpg

the_last_olympian_cover.jpg

--Then I can return the box-set to my friend's kid, who kindly let me borrow them. :)

Up after them is probably Eric Flint's 1635: The Eastern Front or Jacqueline Carey's Naamah's Curse.

----
* not sure if the Amazons are on the Titans' side, or the Olympians'. :lol:

For anyone interested, looks like they just announced R.A. Salvatore for Dragon*Con 2012. Now if they can get Martin as well that would be epic.

Also the new Legend of Drizzt comic book is pretty cool, don't want to spoil anything but they found a way to make Pwent even more bad ass.

Now if they can get Martin as well that would be epic.

Sadly, I'm told his absence is no accident. He bears a grudge against D*C (loong story involving WorldCon and scheduling) and apparently will not attend. You'll also note a depressing lack of GoT actor guests as well.

Oh, well, their loss. Actors make BANK at D*C; just ask Shatner or Nimoy. :)

Personally speaking, I agree with Cheiron 100%. From a professional point of view, readers have a lower incidence of dementia, memory issues, and general decline in cognitive function as they age.

I think part of it is that I read all day long.. part of my job includes preparing marketing materials and reviewing metric assloads of text. When I make it home, the last thing I want to do is read more.

I have a similar challenge. Beyond the large amount of reading I do at work, I also read a lot of news and magazine articles. Thus, when it comes to fiction reading, I usually read on weekends, and maybe a little before going to bed.

I'm sliding out of my summer brain candy phase. I'm re reading The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Zafon. I'll probably re read the Riyria books in preparation for the 6th book's arrival this winter.

I lied.

I brought that 5-book set back to my friend's kid....and he promptly handed me the first book in the sequel series, so I'll zip through it and THEN read either J. Carey or E. Flint. :)

TheLostHero.png

Currently re-reading Night of Sorrows by Francis Sherwood.

9780393058253.jpg

It's about Cortez and the Spanish conquest of the Americas. Pretty awesome.