Nuclear Blast and Quality Control

Leyth Mulla

Aug 1, 2010
Queen Creek, AZ
I've been noticing lately (call that the last 3 years) than numerous Nuclear Blast discs in my collection have interesting quality issues. The sound quality is usually good (not withstanding the loudness wars), however, here are some examples of what I am talking about:

1) Rage - 21: Three songs have digitial glitches in them and one has the first second of the opening riff cut off.

2) Epica - Requiem For The Indifferent: Wrong version of the 13th track included on the first pressing (no vocals).

3) Epica's live album from 2009: Disc #2 mastered with 2-second pauses between each of the tracks.

4) Symphony X - Iconoclast: Digital noise at the end of each disc right after the last song ends. Same thing on the latest offerings from While Heaven Wept, Therion and Amorphis.

Have other folks on our forum noticed the same thing?

Had some problems with the new Haken "Visions" disc...wouldn't play on my Philips CD recorder CD palyer and it plays everything...would play like 20 seconds and then just die...it did play on all of my PC drives so I copied it with Nero onto CD...a direct copy...the CD-R copy plays fine the original doesn't...weird hah? Anyway it's a great CD.

Ken I wound up getting another one to replace the first copy and the second one was worst...it did the same thing but it had a kind of roughness on the outer edge and actually had a big weird scratch on the playing surface in that area.

I bought it from Amazon direct not a market place seller so I sent it back to them...it wasn't one of those Russian boots...it was the real thing...it had the white seal on top.

Love the CD and would love to get a good copy...I bought it from them for $13.90 I needed to make an order for $25 for free shipping.

I'll try an order one from you...great band...like Visions better without the death growls.

We had an instance where a customer bought a copy from an Amazon Direct dealer and it turned out to be a counterfeit. That's why I'd like to see it/them. There should be no issues buying Haken "Visions" from an authentic vendor.

Ken these were authentic...I can tell the boots a mile away (the slightly faded discolored art work and the badly printed labels...usually the paint comes off the second circle line after the center hole) I've was in the business 20 plus years and have seen it all...these were factory sealed...the first one looked mint but just wouldn't play...the second one had marks...and it was factory sealed also..it does happen once in a while.

These were direct from Amazon themselves not a seller.

I will buy it direct from you...this time...maybe tonight.

Ken just wanted to let you know the HAKEN "Visions" I got in from you today read as soon as I put it in the player I had trouble with the other two and is playing fine...I'm psyched...I really love the disc and it sounds the best on my main system and now I can play it on it...still don't think those other two were boot's...it's weird they looked exactly the same...the disc itself as well as the art work, shrink wrap and packaging...strange...but I got my money back for both of those other copies from Amazon...and I have the one from you that plays so I'm a happy camper.