Official "Song of the Week" 2013 thread

^^^Very nice find. It's too bad the band apparently doesn't want to sell it. I've been to several sites checking into this and cannot even find tracks to purchase. Not even from Jose's website. I might have missed something, but I shouldn't have to work or research a band for twenty minutes in order to give them my money. They sound like a mix of SymX and Majestic. Cool stuff...if you can get it.

Do you mean you can't find the physical CD, or you can't even find the download? I'm seeing alot more metal albums lately download only. Kinda lame (to me), but I guess it is what it is.

just got the new Atlantean Kodex promo..awesome stuff in the style of old school Manowar, Bathory, early Fates Warning, and While Heaven Wept.. this is the only link i found on YT, just a preview with no vocals, but trust me it's great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a given, but still worth posting.... "The Enemy Inside" from Dream Theater's S/T release coming in September:

OMG that is good. Not too sure about the video, but the music smokes. Lots of edginess and definitely some 6DofIT going on here.

Just saw them live the other day on the Uproar tour with Circa Survive and Coheed. Man, this song was heavy as FUCK live.

Do you mean you can't find the physical CD, or you can't even find the download? I'm seeing alot more metal albums lately download only. Kinda lame (to me), but I guess it is what it is.

I cannot find either. If I could only buy it digital, then that's fine. It's not preferred, but I understand the economics of not initially pressing CD's. However, this isn't available in either form that I can find.

The new Newsted album is quite enjoyable. I am not going to tell you that it is the most groundbreaking or original thing out there. They wear their old school Metallica influences on their sleeve. Having said that, it scratches the same itch that old school Metallica did. It works best at high volume.

Thought not out yet, I received the promo to the new WITHEM album recently. Melodic Prog-Power fans, rejoice.

New release from Find me which is a collaboration of Dan FLores (Minds Eye) & Robbie LaBlanc which is surprisingly very very good AOR Type hard rock. Guess the new CD was just released this week on Frontier Records

This song is from the side project of Jonas Renkse (Katatonia) and Bruce Soord (Pineapple Thief). Sounds promising.

Cool new band named Ghost Ship Octavius with Van Williams (ex - Nevermore, Ashes of Ares) and Matt Wicklund (ex - God Forbid, Himsa). Christopher Amott was in the band originally until he left last week. Apparently the singer is only 17?!? Definite Nevermore vibe going on here.