Official "Song of the Week" 2013 thread

I know this kind of stuff is still relatively divisive in these parts, but this track is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

1350323170_weatherman_tropical_storm_john_boner.gif

I know this kind of stuff is still relatively divisive in these parts, but this track is awesome.

Oh shit they put out a new song? I'm not in a place where I can listen to it right now but is this with the new singer?

Really bummed that they had to get a new singer. The old one ruled and imo was the best part about that band haha.

Oh shit they put out a new song? I'm not in a place where I can listen to it right now but is this with the new singer?

Really bummed that they had to get a new singer. The old one ruled and imo was the best part about that band haha.

Sadly, no, this track's instrumental. They're due to reveal the new one at GhostFest (I think) this summer. The old guy fit their music like a glove, to be sure. So whomever the new one is it should be interesting.

Here's an interesting one. Haven't heard of these guys before today, but this grabbed my attention.

Another one from me, this time from a doom metal band out of Vancouver, Funeral Circle. The song is called Obelisk:

I approached the new Amon Amarth album with skepticism, but hope. While they're essentially a one trick pony, that one trick is often very satisfying. After my first pass through the disc, I was unimpressed. None the less, I reached for it again. Each successive listen felt more rewarding, and I now find myself enjoying the whole disc. Here's one of the more instantly accessible tracks on the release:

Candlemass fans should out the track "Hel", as it features vocals by Messiah Marcolin.