Ohhhhh.... Shhhh... Arjen is up to something...

I saw this on FB this morning and smiled with joy as I watched it. Been listening to 01 all morning because it got me in the mood.

Oh, SWEET! I picked up "Lost in the New Real" from the Nightmare table at PP, and I've probably listened to the "Welcome to the Machine" cover at least 25 times...

Oh, SWEET! I picked up "Lost in the New Real" from the Nightmare table at PP, and I've probably listened to the "Welcome to the Machine" cover at least 25 times...

I absolutely loved the pink floyd cover. Very original and exciting. I'm like u, everytime i got in the car i was cranking out that song. Loved the BOC cover though it was more straightforeward

Yay! It'll be interesting to hear how the Ayreon story progresses from the last release. I was pretty convinced that the story was complete....I'm glad I was wrong.

If I recall correctly, Arjen said after Timeline was released, that Ayreon would be dormant for at least a few years, but that even if it did return in the future, the overarching storyline was complete, and any future Ayreon releases would have different lyrical subject matter.

Arjen Lucassen is a goofy human.

I look forward to hearing what's next.

- Chris

That's a pretty solid summary, I think.

I love me some Ayreon, but I felt the last album was a bit uninspired. I think it had a lot to do with the boring songs about his computer/internet paranoia. The Forever parts are awesome, though. Tom, Jorn, everyone else...yum.

Also, I fuggin' love me some Hammond organ. Ayreon delivers them epicly. That alone would make me blind buy the new one.

AYREON Reveal New Album Title

It's been quiet in the AYREON camp for the past couple of months, but mastermind Arjen Lucassen has broken his silence to reveal that the title of the eagerly anticipated forthcoming new album will be, The Theory Of Everything, and that it will be a double album.

Aiming for a tentative release at the end of this year, Arjen had this to say about the album's progress: "I've finished recording demos of the music, and am now about halfway finished with the lyrics. It's going to be a double album, so there is a lot to write! It's extra challenging as well, because lyrically I've left the old AYREON universe behind and have to create a new one from scratch. I'm really excited about the line-up and how everything is PROGressing so far."

Watch out for more information on the forthcoming new Ayreon album later in the year.

Theory of Everything? I think I recall another recent song with that same title??
Is this a clue that Elize, Jake E, and Olof will be guest vocalists?
MAKE IT SO ARJEN!