Ok, so how was Strato?

I thought they kicked ass. Very cool to see them play Destiny, but they left out some great songs. Kinda tought to play them all of course. Timo Tolkki fuckin shreeeeeeded.

Watching their newer and older songs together proves that they used to really rock. The new stuff . . .. ehhhhh.

Kotipelto was a little drowned out on his high notes, but overall they hit a lot of the favorites and were fun to watch.

Steve in Philly

I think his mic was too loud, hence the muddiness wehn he went for the high notes.

Timo SHREDDED like no ones business. Jens Johannsson was awesome as well.

Strato was awesome, nice balance in their set, old stuff, new stuff, heavy stuff, not so heavy stuff. The ballady tunes brought out the speedy numbers.

all stratovarious musicians are awesome... i really wanted to see jens play live, and the singer and the bassist are just unbelievable...

now, about the music... hmm... i think it was boring; i think there were too many ballads in 1 show, and i can't believe that they are still getting paid to play the same **** over and over again for the last 15 years.

what about the hippie contra-war-pro-love message??

in conclusion, i paid to see conception, angra, therion, and jens johansson

Strato was great, Timo shreds and the bassist was awesome. My top bands were Orphaned Land, Strato and Therion. The singer for Circus Maximus was killer!

jan

Strato was great when they finally decided to hit the stage. I definately could have done without the anti-war sermon. I don't give a shit what his political opinions are. His little "message" was nothing but cheap talk, and who really gives a fuck. But after a couple of songs, I forgot all about it.

Fuck you Tolkki, play guitar and entertain me you dancing bear. Take your opinions and stick them up your ass.

Hal9000 said:
Strato was great when they finally decided to hit the stage. I definately could have done without the anti-war sermon. I don't give a shit what his political opinions are. His little "message" was nothing but cheap talk, and who really gives a fuck. But after a couple of songs, I forgot all about it.

Fuck you Tolkki, play guitar and entertain me you dancing bear. Take your opinions and stick them up your ass.

hhahahahhaha... i agree with you.. he should've mentioned something about the gas prices and bush and then perform in front of the white house.

what a 300lb-bacon-smoothie-eating-scandinavian-hippie-fag...

Um, you guys did read the lyrics to Elements and stuff? And Infinity?

I wasn't actually surprised to see it, but I like the song United - so I didn't care. Music is expression, and that's one way for them to do it.

Well....first I thought they were ripping off Pain Of Salvation with some overpopulation thing :p, then I rolled my eyes at the anti-war stuff. I get it, it's good, it's a really simple message, and I really don't need to see it at a power metal concert with power metal musicians who are probably drunk anyway.

Yes, express in lyrics, express in music, don't express in billboard form. I'm at a concert, not the boardroom. Do you honestly give a shit what these musicians have to say about politics? How about religion? Maybe Dick Cheney can hold a press conference and play a riff for us.

But have you guys seen their Infinite Visions DVD? When they play Infinity, they do the same thing during that song - with images and stuff.

I don't think they should've done it, but I'm not surprised they did at all - because they did it on the DVD.

They were half an hour late starting (which I'm given to understand was their own damn faults) and then they wasted another 10 minutes with silly shit on the screens better saved for a DVD. Not cool. They have great stage presence, but I was annoyed enough to wander off after two songs...

Yea, I saw the DVD, and I honestly forgot about that part. These bands are there for my entertainment. They're not real people. If I want them to have an opinion, I'll give them one. Dance monkeys, tip your hats and do the maniac dance.

jaimek said:
They were half an hour late starting (which I'm given to understand was their own damn faults) and then they wasted another 10 minutes with silly shit on the screens better saved for a DVD. Not cool. They have great stage presence, but I was annoyed enough to wander off after two songs...
Yes, that and the Angr intro were the lamest, trite, most boing things I've ever seen. I was standing in back by the board for Angra, not a fan, but was real interested to see them. The intro starts...waiting...no band. I decide I'm going to the bathroom. I go upstairs to the bathroom, then go down to the Vinyl to get a beer - come back upstairs and just as I walk into the seating area they hit the stage. Just get on with it.