Ok, time to reach your top 5!

ColdDarkNord

www.bragin.cz
Jun 1, 2001
Kralupy nad Vltavou, Czech
www.bragin.cz
What is your top 5, guys? Please, only your five highest albums of the year, not more!

Here is my list:
1). Nightingale - Alive Again (offcourse, damn!)
2). Forest Stream - Tears of Mortal Solitude (anyone didn't heard em yet? what a shame!)
3). Opeth - Deliverence (Well, yes)
4). Tom Nouga - Fonster (You still need a music for yours forthcoming beer party? then you don't have "Fonster" and then you suck!)
5). Lake of Tears - Neonai (yes, yes, I like pop-dance music)

1. Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done (I find myself listening to this constantly, the music just feels so damn good)
2. Taake - Bjoergvin (Amazing black metal in the forest style)
3. Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors (Really deep and addictive)
4. Bathory - Nordland (This is the album I've been waiting for Qurothon to make for years)
5. Moonsorrow - Voimasta ja Kunniasta (great viking metal)

If my copy of Alive Again arrives before the year is over, it's definatly going here. ;)

I like too much old stuff and I didnt like anything from this year, so here's a top 12 ever........

Dan Swano - Moontower
Edge of Sanity – Crimson
Fields of the Nephilim – Elizium
Fields of the Nephilim – Nefilim
Nightingale - I
Type O Negative - October Rust
My Dying Bride – The Dreadful Hours
Anathema – Silent Enigma
Morgion – Solinari
Tiamat – Woldhoney
Paradise Lost – Draconian Times
Emperor – Anthems to the Welken at Dusk
Opeth – Still Life

1-Opeth-Deliverance
2-Dark Tranquillity-Damage Done
3-Vader-Revelations
4-Enchant-Blink of an Eye
5-Soilwork-Natural Born Chaos

Honorable mentions go to-
Insomnium-In the Halls of awaiting
In Flames-Reroute to Remain

Hmmm, I think I've only bought 5 albums that have been released this year (the result of being unemployed, though I have bought a few more albums than that, they just didn't come out this year :p). No, wait, it's 6. I guess one of them gets to miss out...

I rough order (I've only had Opeth for 4 days, so it's too early to rate):
1. Winds- reflections of the I (that was this year, right? I dunno, it takes so long for things to arrive here I lose track)
2. Iron Maiden- rock in Rio
3. Vintersorg- visions from the spiral generator
4. Arcturus- the sham mirrors
and somewhere in amongst that lot:
Opeth- Deliverance

The lucky album to miss out is Dark Tranquility- Damage Done, because, well, they are cool songs, but lack depth IMO.

Ofcourse, if I was to include albums I'd bought this year, Bolt Thrower's latest would've stormed in at #1, given that it's friggin brilliant :D
well hey, it was released very late last year.... ;)

Ivan! AA doesn't come out till 2003.. even though I have been listening to it since september!, it'll be my favorite for 2003 for sure!

I also forgot that Agalloch had a new album for 2003... all I have ot say is "WOW"!! way to go Andreas for finding these guys!

Since 2003 sucked serious donkey dick as far as music (I never understood the Dark Tanquillity thing, nothing special if you ask me, it's been done before and far better... although Nik is a fantastic artist, at times..... some stuff is "typical album art... but the new In Flames is a real treat in terms of Picaso-esk art...), I voted for old shit since that's all I listen to anyway!

:lol:

Arcturus-The Sham Mirrors
Dark Tranquillity-Damage Done
Blind Guardian-ANATO
The Crown-Crowned in Terror
Ablaze my Sorrow-Anger,Hate and Fury

Hmm.. That's a tough one. I'd like to list Alive Again, but it doesn't technically come out until 2003, does it?

1. Axis of Advance - The List
2. Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors
3. Tomahawk - Tomahawk
4. Grand Belial's Key - Judeobeast Assassination
5. Dillinger Escape Plan - Irony Is A Dead Scene (God damn, I love Mike Patton!)

I guess that'll work. There has been a LOT of great stuff in 2002, however.

Opeth - Deliverance
Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done
Agalloch - The Mantle
Amon Amarth - Versus The World
Callenish Circle - Flesh-Power-Dominion