Okay guys I saw Anthrax Tonight!

Jockthrax

Mar 9, 2002
Glasgow
www.anthrax.com
Im not sure how to start this short and sweet or long and detailed. I guess I will go with long and detailed just cause Im quite drunk and tend to ramble.

5PM: Left work, met my good buddy and fellow Anthrax freak for a pizza and a beer.
6PM: Went to a city center "rock bar", low and behold they were playin "Sects" as we entered...Good sign....
6:25PM They are playin' Anthrax then Motorhead all night! We decide to stay put....
6:45PM People are leaving "huh" "oh Anthrax in an hour"
Jockthrax is convinced to leave!!!
6:55-7:30PM beer.
7:30PM get to our seats!
7:31PM. Almost break something laughing at Skew Siskin...
7:38PM Realise I want to marry Skew Siskins rather stunning lady vocalist....
7:39PM She leaves stage with my heart with her........"sob"

Okay so the times are a bit off but Anthrax came on stage at 8:35PM

Into tape plays: Blues Brothers Theme

Lights Go: Scotts on stage.

1. Among the living
2. Got the time?
3. Inside out.
4. Caught in a mosh
5. Superhero
6. Room for one more
7. Antisocial
8. Bring the Noise
9. Only....

Oh and I caught Mr Ians plectrum . Its green with the logo on one side and "YA'LL ARE BRUTALIZIN ME" on the back...

Oh yes the 'Thrax are back!!!

P.S. Motorhead were okay!

I didnt really expect them to play to much new stuff, they aint played in Glasgow in 7 years so I think they just wanted to get the crowd on side with some old classics...(which they did with ease).. the crowd loved Anthrax....

Just saw the mighty Frax gig too!

Top notch, but very surreal, being an all seated gig. Not fun. A lucky few made it to the front, but there wasn't much pitting going on by the look of things. I was stuck in row 'N', but we had a nice clear area, so I spent some of the 'frax set just stomping up and down it, think hired goons (rock steady) were a bit feart, someone stomping around in the seated area!

All I can saw is they better get back here asap, play the Barras or Garage, and let me get some pent up frustration out! Thats two times I seen Frax and not been able to pit! First was London on the Volume 8 tour, I was recovering from broken ankle, second was tonight! Every other time's ben pit-tastic!

Pleasantly surprised at set, lots of stuff to keep us old 'uns happy, hope they do the old school medley next time they play so I can hear Indians (hell even play it full length), if Jockthrax is an old-timer, he'll know Indians has a special place in Catty folks hearts, remember last song upstairs in old catty? Sigh, them were the days!

(Frustrated) Pitstarter

I saw Anthrax on sunday at the Manchester Apollo and they stole the show.
I was left wondering How Motorhead were gonna follow an act like the thrax.
Best song of the night had to be Inside Out.
There was plenty of bruises afterwards!!!!
Glad to see everybody in attendance know all the stuff, even the kids!!!

Dunno about the Motorwho (only kidding!) t-shirts, but the Anthrax ones were as follows...

First up was Metallus Maximus, a circular motif with a snake as the border, eagle across a US flag, Anthrax logo near bottom of circle, and Always Forever round the bottom. The Not Man makes a wee cheeky appearance too. Back print is a black and white photo taken when the band appeared on stage with the "We're-not-changing-our-name" message.

Next has the Among... picture, back print is a large orange buzzsaw, with a pentagram in the middle, made out so an 'A' can be seen. Around the outside it says We've Come For You All.

Finally, last t-shirt has a silver/white pentagram on front, with the 'A' picked out in purple. Back print has the tour locations, with loads of anonymous hands reaching in to grab them.

There ya go. All £18 at our gig last night. Should I have put on a catwalk commentator voice? ;)

I also felt sorry for Skew Siskin, they were halfway through their set and the hall was still half empty (or half full?), plus everyone was still getting settled, I don't think they were done justice. As per usual this may be due to the fact that the doors opened about 30-35 mins late (am I right Jockthrax?)

Thought the whole idea of having Anthrax in the armadillo sucked! I mean, alright even though me and a mate managed to get up front there wasn't any room to move!!!! Then in between songs while we were discussing if it would be possible to start a pit this fat bastard security guard heard, came over and said how he reckoned it was a bad idea and would have something to say about it. Fucking frustrating.

Aaaaaaah, nevermind. Anthrax were fucking brilliant. Hope they live up to their promise and come back next year!!!!

Saw the thrax last night as well, I said to somebody last week that I thought the only reason that gig was in the Armadillo was so that Motorhead could bring the Bomber, which they did, but when Anthrax come back (I'm told they will be back next year) they better play the Barras or the Garage cos the Armed Dildo is not the place for the Thrax. We had folk moaning at us from behind to sit down during Anthrax's set. Where did they think they were at, The Ballet!? Cretins

Anyway the Thrax rocked can't wait to see them again

Oops, Jockthrax forgot to add in 'I Am The Law' to the set list too!

Or, at least, I hope that's what I was singing and stomping along to!

Still top notch. Nae luck Biased, trust me, if and when the mighty Frax return to Glas-a-go, and play a mosh-friendly venue, I'll be there to get the party going! Watch for that Warcharge and heli-pit!

\m/

so I see shitty venues aren't only isolated to Houston TX. That sucks guys I realy feel for you. I have yet to see Anthrax at a good venue.... but wait I don't think there is one in Houston... Actualy there's the International Ballroom. It used to be a Kroger so it's huge and it's all flat open space. No seats ever. That is a great venue. plenty of room and its all flat floor. Great. I saw Megadeth there for my first concert. I will always call it home.
-Jono-

I saw Anthrax at the Barras in 93 when John Bush jumped off the speaker stack, those were the days. Clawfinger were supporting that night. Unfortunately I missed them at The Garage due to them downgrading from the Barras and selling out shit quick.

The Armadillo was a stupid choice but at least the sound was spot on. My pit was a limited one man pit due to a screwed up ankle (A running theme with Anthrax....?) but being that close was awesome. I did feel sorry for the punters up the back. Hats off to security for not stopping it tho!

They put on a great, if short, show and now I am pissed I will miss them when they come back as I wont be here :(

A quick question because my memory is terrible. What is the name of the lead guitarist. I am reviewing the gig for a site and need his name so I dont look too stupid. I won't put the site name here as thats just rude but if anyone wants it I will post.

STOMP! STOMP! STOMP!

Originally posted by Pitstarter
Dunno about the Motorwho (only kidding!) t-shirts, but the Anthrax ones were as follows...

First up was Metallus Maximus, a circular motif with a snake as the border, eagle across a US flag, Anthrax logo near bottom of circle, and Always Forever round the bottom. The Not Man makes a wee cheeky appearance too. Back print is a black and white photo taken when the band appeared on stage with the "We're-not-changing-our-name" message.

Next has the Among... picture, back print is a large orange buzzsaw, with a pentagram in the middle, made out so an 'A' can be seen. Around the outside it says We've Come For You All.

Finally, last t-shirt has a silver/white pentagram on front, with the 'A' picked out in purple. Back print has the tour locations, with loads of anonymous hands reaching in to grab them.

There ya go. All £18 at our gig last night. Should I have put on a catwalk commentator voice? ;)

Did they have any Anthrax shirts in infant size 0-3 months? My son needs an Anthrax shirt :lol:

What's up with these seated shows???We don't have that in Holland.
Is it because they had trouble in the past ??Why seated, we only put up a small tribune for people who wants to sit !!!
How many people are we talkin about when it says "seated"

The Armadillo holds 3,000 and is a nice venue, just not for Anthrax!

Even John Bush said he would rather it was the Barras!

We rarely have seated concerts here, we have really good venues. Only time there was a lot of seated concerts was when the Barrowlands was being refurbished.