Old concert tee's?

SavaRon

Sep 21, 2004
Florida
Going with the ticket stub thread I started thinking about old concert shirts. I got rid of some old ones not to long ago, but I still have a few that I still wear occasionally. What's the oldest you still have?

PICT1728.jpg

PICT1730.jpg

To bad shirts are so much $$$ now. They were $35 at the Priest show. That's just stupid! Don't they realize they would sell a ton more if they were $20. I didn't see to many people buying them last night. For $20 I would have.

I have posted this before, the old mans Maiden shirt. The t-shirts I prize are the one's where the band is no longer together. Like my Blind Melon t-shirt (p.s. that got stolen)
100_1285.jpg

This pic is a few years old, I am wearing my Queensryche Empire shirt that my Stepdad gave me. Considering I was being born when most of you guys were buying these shirts I don't have many. I ordered a Deep Purple Perfect Strangers tour shirt but it doesn't fit anymore and I have a Journey Departure tour shit and a Metallica/Guns n' Roses tour shirt

Picture009.jpg

I don't have a pic nor know exactly where it is but I think my oldest would be when Van Valen, Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken, and Kingdon Come toured together (the name of the show eludes me). It's not too old. Maybe '88 or '89.

SavaRon said:
Going with the ticket stub thread I started thinking about old concert shirts. I got rid of some old ones not to long ago, but I still have a few that I still wear occasionally. What's the oldest you still have?

A "Day on the Green" shirt from '91 (I think). It was Metallica, Queensryche, Soundgarden, and Faith No More at the Oakland Coliseum. Fun show.

SavaRon said:
To bad shirts are so much $$$ now. They were $35 at the Priest show. That's just stupid! Don't they realize they would sell a ton more if they were $20. I didn't see to many people buying them last night. For $20 I would have.

$35?!!?! Geeze! That's a chunk of change for a souvenir that's going to wear out eventually. I got an Evergrey Inner Circle shirt last year for $25 but it was long sleeved. I'll pay an extra $5 for long sleeves. Especially when it's got stuff on the sleeves.

kittybeast said:
I have posted this before, the old mans Maiden shirt. The t-shirts I prize are the one's where the band is no longer together. Like my Blind Melon t-shirt (p.s. that got stolen)
100_1285.jpg

I thought I held on to shirts that were getting old and tore up. Damn, that's classic!

Psychonaut said:
I don't have a pic nor know exactly where it is but I think my oldest would be when Van Valen, Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken, and Kingdon Come toured together (the name of the show eludes me). It's not too old. Maybe '88 or '89.

Monsters of Rock!!!! I seen that show at Alpine Valley, WI. Great show that lasted all day. I remember it was about 95 degrees out. We were dying out on the lawn seats. That's one of the ticket stubs I can't find and I just recently got rid of that shirt. I hated to part with it, but it was time to let it go.

Here are my oldest surviving concert shirts. Great thread! Gives me an excuse to use my new camera! (Can't wait to visit ya Ron and show it you.)

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

Nicest I have is a 1985 SOD 'Schizm Tour" shirt. Somewhere hidden I also have some bad condition Celtic Frost and Queensryche "Mindcrime" shirts...

SOD1.jpg

SOD2.jpg

Mxgonzo said:
Here are my oldest surviving concert shirts. Great thread! Gives me an excuse to use my new camera! (Can't wait to visit ya Ron and show it you.)

How much you want for that Metal Heart t-shirt (if it is XL) ? I love that shirt.

Bryant

I am way too lazy to dig out my Yngwie Odyssee shirt, Metallica "Drink 'Em All and Dio Last in Line much less take a pix of it, but those are my faves and the Dio is the oldest.

Bryant

My oldest one would be a Ludichrist (they later became the band Scatterbrain) shirt since that was my first show i believe... i wear it once in a blue moon but you can see through it pretty much because it's white and i guess the quality of the material isn't that good... but i love that shirt... on the back is a cartoonish drawing of Tommy Christ the lead singer and next to him it says : Sad But True But Most People are Dicks ...... LoL .... on the front is a caricature of a Bishop or Pope drinking something out of a cup.. probably the blood of christ...

My oldest one because so many ppl steal my shit. Would be either a voodo glow skulls
shirt from 96 or a sabbath shirt I bought that year. Followed by a Bile "We Are In
League" Shirt I got in 98.