One of those "had to share" moments

13ShadesofGray

RI Porch Commando
Oct 21, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.colleengray.com
Ok, so my little dude has been getting into finding new music as of late and then introducing it to Todd and I. Last night he was really wanting to show us a new song he had heard, but it was a bit too close to bedtime and we opted to do it when he got home from school today.

Fast forward to about 3 minutes ago when we go to google the song, "The Chosen Ones"... band wasn't known to the little guy. So imagine my surprise and delight at seeing a familiar band name/tune start playing... I am the proud mother of a 9 year who just showed me a freakin' Dream Evil tune he thought was quite cool.

Yep - that rocks. :headbang:

I am the proud mother of a 9 year who just showed me a freakin' Dream Evil tune he thought was quite cool.

Yep - that rocks. :headbang:

Congrats! and just wait a few years until he looks like this...

photo.php

Thank you guys! Ya know, J-Dub... the first song he learned to sing was June by Spock's Beard, then it was DT and Under a Glass Moon (at 2ish, no less). I think I have a recording of him belting it out somewhere. hehe

I would be quite stoked if he ends up like Patrick (great guy, talented and handsome to boot). :)

Thank you guys! Ya know, J-Dub... the first song he learned to sing was June by Spock's Beard, then it was DT and Under a Glass Moon (at 2ish, no less). I think I have a recording of him belting it out somewhere. hehe

I would be quite stoked if he ends up like Patrick (great guy, talented and handsome to boot). :)

Every time we get in the car he still asks me to put on Paradise Lost. Divine Wings also works in a pinch:headbang:

That's so freakin' cool! I should have listed Spock's Beard in my guilty pleasures thread. :heh: I really miss Neal in the band, though.
Save that recording to use against him later, maybe before his first date, or play it as an intro tape at his first gig, etc. :)