One off or two off CD that were brilliant

zinescene

Feb 11, 2002
Michigan
www.myspace.com
I'm curious if there's any one off or two off discs from bands that have been overlooked or not discussed in ages. Some that come to mind were:

Lost Horizon - A Flame to the Ground Beneath
Heed - The Call (who coincidenty had Robert Heiman from Lost Horizon singing on this brilliant disc)
Opus Atlantica - Opus Atlantica (Cheesy but so tasty Power Metal
AtomA - Skylight (progressive Post rock? Call it what you want but it was awesome. The video was the perfect compliment to the music.

I’ll go with:

Indukti - Idmen
Disillusion - Gloria

I think Idmen and Gloria are both highly underrated. I almost feel Idmen was “ahead of its time” as it seems to fit better with music released the past few years. I think Gloria gets a bad reputation because it’s very different from Back To Times Of Splendor. It’s not quite that good, but it’s still an excellent album if you don’t go in expecting it to be something it isn’t.

Don't overlook, "For the Sake of Mankind ." I like that one as much or more than, "Another Return..."

Not overlooked at all....I love them both. I just didn't want to attach too many files to the post. Artch was right in my wheelhouse with their music....powerful and crunchy but still melodic. Back in the day, I would have called them "power metal", but that term means something completely different now. Sword was the same kind of thing....brilliant stuff.

Echoes - Nature/Existence

Greyhaven - s/t

Echoes are actually working on a new album, although given their gigantic geographical diaspora (including Venezuela, Spain, and Austria) I understand the extended delay. I still talk to their keyboard player occasionally and last I heard the band got together in Madrid to record the new album. I really enjoyed this disc and hope to hear a follow-up this year.