"Operation Mindcrime II" full album in streaming audio!

St Enigma

Sep 11, 2005
blabbermouth.net

QUEENSRŸCHE's new album, "Operation: Mindcrime II", has been made available for streaming in its entirety at Rhino.com. The band's sequel to their platinum 1988 concept album "Operation: Mindcrime" is scheduled for release on April 4. Legendary heavy metal vocalist Ronnie James Dio (BLACK SABBATH, DIO, RAINBOW) makes a guest appearance on the album as "Dr. X".

Available in Real, QT and WMP

The old flame is still burning :headbang:

Yea- I think its safe to say that exactly half the forum has had the full album for upwards of a month now =)

Thanks tho, Im sure a lot of people would like to legally here this album!

Awesome album. I think it lives up to its promise. Has somewhat of the 'older' metal sound, but mixes in some newer elements to give it a unique feel.

LOL - that was good!

You all know what I mean, after being stung on the last one, I definitely wanna hear it before I buy it!

The best thing on this album is the bass. At least in my opinion. The rest is forgettable :(. I actually thought Tribe was much, much, much better.

Dio does a better job than Tate, hell he should have just let Ronnie sing the whole album. "The Chase" and Dio are probably the best songs of this disc imo.

Guitar riffs? you mean the two or three that are actually interesting? :p

Sorry, just couldn't help myself... different strokes, I guess. Glad someone's enjoying it. I'm spending my time listening to Christ 0 instead!

Amen Shaye, amen! :kickass:

I don't know what happened with the guitar, but aside from some of the more technical solos, I honestly (and I really feel bad for saying this) think that I could have done a better job... The bass track is great, but the guitars... :erk: Also lyrically, I cringed at the occasionally really forced/cliche rhymes, and Tate's wailing vox which on this record are reminiscent of the thousand complaints some people have about bands like Dream Theater. "I'm American" is imo the worst offender... but I will admit there were some enjoyable moments on OM2. They were just few and far between.

I know I sound like such a negativist, but I really do like this band and I am convinced they can do much better.

Wow...I made it about half way through before getting bored with the mediocrity. Nothing I've heard was in any way memorable, especially Tate's vocals. I'll give it a few days and listen again, but it's not looking good.

The_Kinslayer said:
Wow...I made it about half way through before getting bored with the mediocrity. Nothing I've heard was in any way memorable, especially Tate's vocals. I'll give it a few days and listen again, but it's not looking good.

Yeah, that's exactly how I felt while listening to it this morning. I'm completely UNDER-whelmed after the first listen. Maybe I'll give it another try later...but for now I'm crossing it off my "to buy" list.

I'm just glad I wasn't made Tate's bitch again and bought this without a listen. As The Who would say: "We won't be fooled again!"

:Smokin:

It's okay, but nothing earth shattering, that's for sure. I do think it's better than the previous three efforts, but again, that's not saying much. I'll buy it to round out my collection though.

I thought it was very unimpressive. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't very good either. Even Dio's vocals, which were good, did not fit Dr.X very much IMHO. It certainly is not anywhere near as good as any of their first handful of albums. I'll probably try it again in fairness to them.

It sure seems like Chris DeGarmo might have been the real creative power behind Queensrÿche, eh?

I'm going to have to agree with most of the folks here. I made it about halfway through the stream before I gave up on it. I want to give it a fair chance so I will listen again and perhaps again but I'm just not feeling it.