Opeth and Nevermore...

James

Feb 27, 2002
Atlanta
www.torquestra.com
Didn't Opeth open for Nevermore a few years back?

I'm a little disappointed, as I've been anxiously awaiting a Nevermore headlining tour for the new album, but at least we get Nevermore instead of Pelican...

From Blabbermouth:

NEVERMORE have been confirmed as the support act for OPETH on the second leg of the Swedish band's upcoming North American tour, beginning with the October 24 date in Lawrence, Kansas. All dates prior to October 24 will feature PELICAN in the support slot. The dates are as follows:

OPETH w/ PELICAN:

Oct. 09 - Tempe, AZ - Marquee Theatre
Oct. 10 - West Hollywood, CA - House of Blues
Oct. 11 - San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore
Oct. 12 - Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom
Oct. 15 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
Oct. 17 - Salt Lake City, UT - Lo-Fi Cafe
Oct. 18 - Denver, CO - Ogden Theatre
Oct. 20 - Dallas, TX - Trees
Oct. 21 - Houston, TX - Meridian
Oct. 22 - San Antonio, TX - White Rabbit

OPETH w/ NEVERMORE:

Oct. 24 - Lawrence, KS - The Bottleneck
Oct. 25 - St. Louis, MO - Pop's
Oct. 26 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues
Oct. 27 - Detroit, MI - Harpo's
Oct. 28 - Toronto, ONT - Opera House
Oct. 29 - Montreal, QUE - The Medley
Oct. 30 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium
Oct. 31 - Philadelphia, PA - TLA
Nov. 02 - Latham, NY - Saratoga Winners
Nov. 03 - New York City, NY - Webster Hall
Nov. 04 - Buffalo, NY - Showplace Theatre
Nov. 05 - Springfield, VA - Jaxx
Nov. 06 - Cleveland, OH - House of Blues
Nov. 07 - Winston-Salem, NC - Ziggy's
Nov. 08 - Atlanta, GA - Coca-Cola Roxy Theatre
Nov. 09 - Lake Buena Vista, FL - House of Blues
Nov. 11 - Fort Lauderdale, FL - Culture Room

I drove to Alantic City just to see Nevermore at Gigantour, so I think it's safe to say I'll be at both NYC and Philly too.

I'll be going to both the NY and Philly shows. It's a shame Pelican won't continue on the tour (with Nevermore joining of course).
I drove to Alantic City just to see Nevermore at Gigantour, so I think it's safe to say I'll be at both NYC and Philly too.
Count me in too. CYA guys there.

James, though Nevermore is my favorite band, I will say that they were headlining that tour back then but most of the crowd left after Opeth as Opeth were a long awaited band... they had not done too many US dates thus far. Opeth are still very popular and I will say their new album is REALLY GOOD....just got it. It will be cool that maybe people will give Nevermore a chance this time since they are opening.

rottingflesh said:
James, though Nevermore is my favorite band, I will say that they were headlining that tour back then but most of the crowd left after Opeth as Opeth were a long awaited band... they had not done too many US dates thus far. Opeth are still very popular and I will say their new album is REALLY GOOD....just got it. It will be cool that maybe people will give Nevermore a chance this time since they are opening.

I remember that! It was almost as if somebody pulled the fire alarm when Opeth was done. Wasn't this the same show that had Angel Dust going on before Opeth? I didn't even know who the hell Opeth was at the time :lol: ; I just wanted to see Angel Dust and Nevermore.

I had seen Opeth at the metal fest in New England and they were telling me they were opening for Nevermore..I actually told Peter, the guitar player, that they were probably going to draw more attention since they had not been over here but for a couple of fests...had never been to Atlanta for sure... He came up to me at the show here and said "you were right"... i thought is was sad to see everyone go and miss such a great band.

Dark One said:
Heh, yeah, I noticed that a little while ago - at first glance I thought it said "TBA" for the venue, and I just assumed it would be the Troc. I'm really surprised it's at the TLA - I just have to make sure I get my ticket early.

Yeah, I'm quite surprised myself. Someone told me that the House of Blues is trying to buy out the Troc. Not sure if that's true though.

Loomis told me in Gigantour that they were going to have a headining tour in February... don't know how much water that holds...