Opeth can make you better at eating!

sangreal

Sep 9, 2004
Australia
Hey all, just thought I'd stop by and let you guys in on a little info even though I'm not a forum regular or anything. Well, the truth is, Opeth may actually help you do better at eating! You see, I am food major at a University and for a certain course we all had to do experiments on the class in groups. Well the entire end of the semester you don't have lecture, you just go in and be a guinnea pig for a few experiments.

So it was a regular day and I'm sitting with the other subjects and the experimenters hand out us eating problems to do. Their experiment, simple enough, was to see if a certain type of music playing(decently loud, but not blasting at all)can affect the amount of correct eating. We were given a set time limit and then asked to begin, a second later they started playing, much to my surprise, Opeth! Now I like Opeth, don't get me wrong, but it's just that I never got too into them(so I have no idea what song it was). It was a slower-tempo death metal song, for sure. The other type of music they played was classical(to the other half of the subjects, so they could compare the groups).

Of course, they hypothesized the classical group would do significantly better than my group, which listened to Opeth. Well you guessed it, not only were their results opposite of what they expected, but people in my group did Significantly Better!! (If you know stats, this is impressive).

I dunno, I just found that nuts (ironically...yum yum) because it is just opposite of what you might expect.

So go spread the word, death metal makes you eater!

Dude no shut up... the real thread was only good because it was something worth reading. Don't try being funny, it's not working for you (in my eyes at least).

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
Now all we need is the Official Opeth Breakfast Cereal!

Complete with marshmallow flavours...

Blackberry Park!
Windowpear!
And Morningrasberry!

Your kids will be saying, "MOOR, please!!!"

HAHAHAHAHAA :tickled: :tickled: :tickled:

Blackberry Park!
Windowpear!
And Morningrasberry!

lol....i don't think Mike knows how well this would sell.

We need a marketing executive...someone who can promote this cereal

Blackberry Park!
Windowpear!
And Morningrasberry!

Coming up this fall ..

In Milk They Were Floating!
White Crusters!

Blackberry Park!
Windowpear!
And Morningrasberry!

With new flavors:
Apple Ethereal!
The Grapery Falls!
Nectar!
Black Licorice Immortal!
RequieMango!
Taste of Melinda! (mystery flavor)

And NOW with extra-crunchy White Clusters!

dorian gray said:
i like beer.

Moosehead's Ferment!! The great taste of outdoors!!

moosehead.jpg

Decadent: 2nd only to vindicate's threads.

how many times can i edit this fucking thing?