Opeth / In Flames - Dec 3 @ The Riv

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Wow, if this was between 2001 and 2004 I would have the most MAJOR hard on right now!!!

Anyhow, this is indeed a smart billing. They must be expecting this to help both parties, having this at the Riv. Neither has headlined or co-headlined a venue that large in many years.

Wow, if this was between 2001 and 2004 I would have the most MAJOR hard on right now!!!

Anyhow, this is indeed a smart billing. They must be expecting this to help both parties, having this at the Riv. Neither has headlined or co-headlined a venue that large in many years.

Opeth played the Riv with Mastodon and Ghost in 2012.

37694499.jpg

Opeth played the Riv with Mastodon and Ghost in 2012.

ah, yep!!! Forgot about that one......

Was thinking of the last few times, which were at the Vic, and then last time at MoJoes.

Very curious to hear how this one does. In Flames are pretty much 100% off most people's radar's these days. The combination of the two could bring some old fans back out to see em.

really doubt any old fans will pay that price to see them. I see a lot of In Flames shirts downtown here. Saw a guy in my alley last week. A few at the lakefront a few weeks ago as well. They still must have fans.

If In Flames only played songs from "Subterranean" I'd go see them.

Why? No one from that lineup is even in the band anymore!!!

I will actually defend In Flames up through Reroute to Remain.
Sure, that was a major detour from their past, but I enjoyed it
(well at the time it came out anyways).

I remember buying Soundtrack to your Escape when it came out, but it didnt last in the collection very long.

I like RtR more than Clayman (good title track but not much else) and Colony (the whole album is frankly meh). RtR has some pretty bad weak spots, but it balances them with a good proportion of strong material.

After that though, forget it. Lost cause. Shrug.

Man, the very first time I saw in flames live was when they opened for Jag Panzer and Iced Earth at the Metro (Bobby Boo was there by my side)....

This was obviously NOT that same show, but this is how the band performed back then:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? No one from that lineup is even in the band anymore!!!

Sure, that was a major detour from their past, but I enjoyed it
(well at the time it came out anyways).

I remember buying Soundtrack to your Escape when it came out, but it didnt last in the collection very long.

"Subterranean" is the only In Flames that's still in my collection, and I doubt it will ever leave.

Since no one from that lineup is with them any more, those guys should reform and play those old songs. Great idea, right? On the second thought, it would be better to just listen to the CD.