Opeth site...

Towedwart

I will have a apple
Dec 30, 2005
Oxnard, CA, USA
myspace.com
Is it just me, or is anyone else having issues accessing the Opeth site? It always times out no matter what browser I'm using. It's the only page that does that to me.

Towedwart said:
It's nothing to do with the coding, it's just that one day it randomly stopped loading, always saying the site timed out.

Oh I know, I just never vented my frustration about that...so I took this time to.

But as for it not loading at all: try clearing the cache, and/or try a different browser. Hell, try a few different browsers.

I know it works, I am on it as I type this.

It worked up until about a month ago. IE, Mozilla, and Firefox don't work with it. I don't know what the deal is. I tried being sneaky and using Altavista's Babel Fish translator to get it working, but it didn't load the flash file and it was slow as freaking heck.

The Opeth site is just poorly designed to begin with. A good standard compliant HTML/CSS page would be much nicer than this ridiculous flash garbage. People who build websites in flash instead of just using it for animations and such are not well in the head. There are about a million reasons why that is a horrible idea (not in the least because search engines pretty much can't do anything with it). Frames too. This is 2006, not 1997.