ORPHANED LAND at PP- liked it?

Morticia NL.

Orphaned sister
Hi there,

Long time no post :cry: But I'm back and would like to take this opportunity to say thanxxx to all the sweet people I met a t PP in Atlanta. You all made my first visit to the US a memorable experience.

EXTRA special thanks to Glen- he was runing a huge festival and anything I asked, it was never too much trouble to help me out.

Here you can see him enjoying the Oprhaned Land performance in the front. Like a lot of you did, judging from the crowds' reaction! ( see pic below)

In some time the pics from PP will be online on the fanpage of the brandnew Orphaned Disciples Orphaned Land fanclub.

Please come in and have a look..... Hope to see u again at PP next year

WWW.ORPHANED-DISCIPLES.COM

fanclubbanner.gif

Glen.JPG

I really enjoyed both of their sets, and both were highlights of The ProgPower Experience! (It's so much more than just a weekend :D )

After their Friday performance, I was thinking my weekend had been 'made' already, and that they'd be a hard act to follow on Saturday, and I was right; it took a pretty special performance to equal them.

Cheers to Orphaned Land! Hope to see them back on these shores before too long...call it two years at the latest, right Glenn? :tickled: pleasepleasepleaseprettypleasewithsugarontop

Orphand land was the one band I just did not "get" going into PPVI.
I was having a conversation with this very pretty OL fan who asked to stand in front of me at the rail, and I decided to stay and watch (her).

The band suprised and pleased me. I am really happy that I let my testosterone help me find a new band!

Loved the pre-party acoustic set. Didn't have Mabool, so I wasn't prepared for what I would hear except for the one mp3 file. Unfortunately, the death/growl vocals really turned me off and sent me to the lobby. The music was good, though. Hoping for the day when they stay with the more melodic vocals, IMHO.

KingsGene said:
Loved the pre-party acoustic set. Didn't have Mabool, so I wasn't prepared for what I would hear except for the one mp3 file. Unfortunately, the death/growl vocals really turned me off and sent me to the lobby. The music was good, though. Hoping for the day when they stay with the more melodic vocals, IMHO.

From what I heard, they toned down their set a whole lot to appease to the type of crowd. They're sets usually have even more of the death/growl vocals.

Yes I liked the Orphaned Land set, but in my opinion they didnt even hold a candle to Circus Maximus. I am so in love with them it is ridiculous, I might have to marry the album I have.

KingsGene said:
I'm hoping they don't change a bit :headbang:

Worst band I've ever seen! Shenanigans, I say, shenanigans! :D

OL is one of my favorite metal bands and they delivered on all fronts - as excellent musicians, great showmen (I was very surprised at how energetic they were on stage!), and friendly offstage. I second Paul's comment, I hope that they can come back to PP or the states as soon as possible.

Jibrille said:
From what I heard, they toned down their set a whole lot to appease to the type of crowd.

I respect them for doing that, too. I have no problem with death vocals but it was cool that they tailored their setlist for the PP audience, knowing that not everyone is into that style.

Pellaz said:
I really enjoyed both of their sets, and both were highlights of The ProgPower Experience! (It's so much more than just a weekend :D )

After their Friday performance, I was thinking my weekend had been 'made' already, and that they'd be a hard act to follow on Saturday, and I was right; it took a pretty special performance to equal them.

Cheers to Orphaned Land! Hope to see them back on these shores before too long...call it two years at the latest, right Glenn? :tickled: pleasepleasepleaseprettypleasewithsugarontop

Ditto this.