Orphaned Land

Morticia NL.

Orphaned sister
The Israeli metal heroes will play at the festival for the second time on saturday.
I was there for the 2005 show, alas, can't make it this festival.
Just want to wish you lucky bastards who will be there a good time. :kickass:
If you wish to get a little peek of what the band has instore for you- check www.orphaned-disciples.org (fansite with report on the Brutal Assault fest in Czech where they played last august)

For update on the upcoming ORwarriOR album you will find info on afore mentioned site as well as a short teaser at the official site www.orphaned-land.com

Good memories!
PP_OL_7.jpg

PP_OL_3.jpg

PP_OL_1.jpg

PP_OL_2.jpg

PP_OL_5.jpg

PP_OL_4.jpg

I love this band! And am happy that I get to see them play another festival. That is what makes Progpower so worthwhile, there are bands that come that I would never have had the chance to experience otherwise.

They played a great set! Does anyone know the setlist? Koby told me they played SIX new songs, and two from El Norra Alila, but I'm not sure I recognized them(!) I did miss the first 15 minutes though :(

Great set by these guys, once again! I was little disappointed they didn't make use of the traditional instruments I thought I remembered them having last time. Well, regardless, the music delivers on it's own. Terrific people, too!

Great set by these guys, once again! I was little disappointed they didn't make use of the traditional instruments I thought I remembered them having last time. Well, regardless, the music delivers on it's own. Terrific people, too!

I think last time it was only during the acoustic set that they brought out the Oud (? not sure if it was that particular one). They also didn't have any keys this time.

The set was awesome though being unfamiliar with just about half the songs did kind of hurt it for me a little. The new album sounds great. Hopefully we will finally see it before the end of the year.
I think someone got a hold of a setlist so hopefully they can post what exactly was played.

I got a copy of the setlist. * are the new songs:

*Baraka + Kiss of Babylon (Medley)
El Meod Naala
*The Path 1
Birth Of The Three
*Olat Hatamid
*Sapari
*From Broken Vessels
Thee By The Father I Pray
*Disciples Of The Sacred Oath Vol. 2
Ocean Land
Norra El Norra + Ornaments of Gold (Medley)

I have seen the band a bunch of times in Europe and they usually don't bring any traditional instruments (but put up a huge show in their own country - I would so much love to see that once!). They also haven't had a keyboarder for a couple of years, and from what I understand they want to keep it that way. But a great show, and I cannot wait to hear the whole new album! It's supposed to be something like 70 minutes long, and if the songs they played are representative, it looks like they will have some elements from all of their previous albums on it. :)

I think last time it was only during the acoustic set that they brought out the Oud (? not sure if it was that particular one). They also didn't have any keys this time.

The set was awesome though being unfamiliar with just about half the songs did kind of hurt it for me a little. The new album sounds great. Hopefully we will finally see it before the end of the year.
I think someone got a hold of a setlist so hopefully they can post what exactly was played.

That must be what I was remembering - the acoustic set. MindFlow were also "sans keys" and want to keep it that way from now on, too. Definitely changes things.

And yes, I agree that not knowing so many of the songs made it hard to get really into it, but on the other hand it was also really great to hear so much new material. I'll look back and think, "Wow, I heard that song live! I can't believe I didn't know it back then! That's so cool that we got to hear it early!" :lol: