OT: Beer --- Homebrewing

Joecephus

Mar 15, 2005
Cleveland, OH
www. joecephus.com
Does anyone else here do this?

I recently got into it, brewed up my first batch about two months ago, of a Pale Ale. I have my second batch an Irish Red Ale fermenting since Saturday, and right now I am about to do a 5 gallon batch of Ale with with orange and spices.

In a week or so I am going to try an Irish style stout, might adjust the recipe to make it a coffee stout

It's pretty awesome having the beer that you drink being something you made.

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Does anyone else here do this?

I recently got into it, brewed up my first batch about two months ago, of a Pale Ale. I have my second batch an Irish Red Ale fermenting since Saturday, and right now I am about to do a 5 gallon batch of Ale with with orange and spices.

In a week or so I am going to try an Irish style stout, might adjust the recipe to make it a coffee stout

It's pretty awesome having the beer that you drink being something you made.

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

I'm not big into booze but I'm definitely into cooking. My father was a baker by trade and my mom was a great cook. I've always preferred to make things from scratch instead of buying some prepackaged stuff.

What are you doing for bottling (or is it staying in a keg or whatever it's fermenting in)?

I'm not big into booze but I'm definitely into cooking. My father was a baker by trade and my mom was a great cook. I've always preferred to make things from scratch instead of buying some prepackaged stuff.

What are you doing for bottling (or is it staying in a keg or whatever it's fermenting in)?

In two to three weeks after it's done fermenting it will be bottled and capped in about 54 12 oz. bottles, I think. (this is my first 5 gallon batch)..

I have about 9 12 packs of empty Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold bottles from the past 6 weeks since I moved into my house. Once I'm a little more advanced in the hobby I plan on getting into kegging my beer and building a kegerator.

I've done some homebrew mead & wine, but not beer yet. I've been wanting to give it a try.

I have my first two 1 gallon batches of mead fermenting right now. One is a berry mead and the other is a JAOM.

I made a 1 gallon batch of wine for the first time and tried it last week, it packed a punch, but did taste good ( I used juicy juice on a whim) so I made it into a sangria.

I dont do it, my dad makes some home brews. My dad used to make wine from wild berries he used to pick in the mountains near where my mom grew up when they were younger. My grand dad loved that wine :D.

I first homebrewed back in '89. I took the hobby back up in 2008. Since than I have brewed nearly 100 gallons of the good stuff. Styles that I have tried include pale ale, kolsch, Raspberry wheat, Red Wheat, a lemon beer, and a dark maple ale (this was a good one). The only one that was really sketchy was the Kolsch (I had to use a substitute yeast that ruined the flavor)...but it all got drank. I actually haven't brewed since last fall, but I have been thinking about doing a batch before winter. The pic shows the Kolsch & Raspberry wheat in the fermenters.

63FbYC

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12405706@N07/3312063124/in/photostream

I have my first two 1 gallon batches of mead fermenting right now. One is a berry mead and the other is a JAOM.

I made a 1 gallon batch of wine for the first time and tried it last week, it packed a punch, but did taste good ( I used juicy juice on a whim) so I made it into a sangria.

If you're feeling adventurous, make a 1 gallon batch replacing the honey or fruit with pure maple syrup. It's not as sweet as you'd think, and if you let it go for awhile, it tastes like a maple-y whiskey, with almost as much of a punch to it.

But don't stir it, or it blows up. Trust me on this one.

No, not me. But he's a definite look-alike. So fucking what?
And whatta fuck are ya doing here, in this thread, anyway? You like the Belgian beer, you said it yourself, gay-fucker!:D

Belgian style beers can be brewed anywhere. I am not a big fan of the overly hoppy IPA's. I like the more high alcohol malty beers. There are many Belian style beers brewed around the world. But most of the best ones do in fact come from Belgium.

I was unaware that Belgian beers were for gay people. If anything I'd think they were for the opposite since many of my favorite beers are over 10% abv.

I like Belgian beer!?
...and French, and German, and Irish... Scottish... English...Croatian... Bosnian... Czech... Estonian... Polish...
Well, Lets just say anything but American.

If you're feeling adventurous, make a 1 gallon batch replacing the honey or fruit with pure maple syrup. It's not as sweet as you'd think, and if you let it go for awhile, it tastes like a maple-y whiskey, with almost as much of a punch to it.

But don't stir it, or it blows up. Trust me on this one.

How much maple syrup do you have to use in a one gallon batch?