OT:In Flames-Come Clarity

dargormudshark

Sep 25, 2003
houston,Tx
www.dreamspaceonline.com
I havn't hear all of it but I have heard most of it and WOW! I think these guys are back finally! Granted the vocals are still reminscent of Reroute and Soundtrack as some of the music is as well but it works and they utilized it well. Although some songs sound pretty alternative, it is still really good! Just thought I would share my thoughts after numerous times of me bashing them.

dargormudshark said:
who gives a shit? It's got a good vocal melody which is what that song relies on entirely.

People that dont like the style and didnt like the music gives a shit, thank you very much...

It has only a good vocal melody during the chorus... He sounds like he's being raped during the first verse, and don't say I am not right... LOL

AngraRULES said:
People that dont like the style and didnt like the music gives a shit, thank you very much...

It has only a good vocal melody during the chorus... He sounds like he's being raped during the first verse, and don't say I am not right... LOL

It sounds like he is being raped whenever he does clean vocals...FUCK, look at Oridinary Story! You are right about the the title track, I agree, but its still one of my faves on the cd, regardless of what genre is sound remeniscent to.

Oh and Zod, they weren't emo they were metalcore! GOD! gEEZ!

THANK GOD alot of the defining elements have returned to In Flames. The Jester Race and Whoracle to this day are 2 of my absolute favorite albums. In Flames meant so much to me at one point in time, and with their last 2 records it has been hard to comprehend it is even the same band. This album takes some of the decent aspects of the new, the melodies of the old, and combine them to put together a pretty strong record. My interest in the band is alot stronger again, and I can't wait to see the perfomance DVD that accompanies this album.

And yes, Anders' clean vocals are HORRIFIC. Be it whining or cracking, it's just awful. The title track sounds great until the vocals start, which end up killing the song altogether. It does sound like he is being raped, doesn't it? HAHA. At least the harmonies are back! FOOD FOR THE GODS! CHEERS!

Wow, whoever said this cd is a "return to form"(not necesarrily here, but every dork out there is saying it) SHOULD get their nuts cut off. This is NOT a return to their roots at all. It's more of that same shit "amerikore" they've been churning out for the past couple of years..oh my god, how low have these guys gone, yet you see Dark Tranquillity consistently churning out AWESOME METAL and no one pays attention to them, this sucks. I am upset.

Edit- It is not "as bad as" the last one but still, come on people, this is not the same band anymore. Metallica syndrome anyone?