Our first taste of Game of Thrones is coming early

From an oldbie's PoV, it was very detailed, and very true to the book. The changes made for the adaptation are minor, and help the story along a bit without significantly changing the situations.

Agreed. I love the little details they throw in that avid fans of the books will pick up on but if newbies don't pick up on them, it won't detract from their understanding of what is going on.

I think the casting has been pretty much spot on, too. Enjoying the first episode and the other preview/promo material that has been shown this far. I remain hopeful that this adaptation will remain as true to the source material as possible. :)

tumblr_lk6sayf35k1qauecro1_250_1303738859.gif

I gotta say though, for a show that they put so much time and effort into, I am severely disappointed that they couldn't film the winter scenes somewhere that actually has real snow. It is kind of a major part of the milieu, and that fake snow is horrible. It ruins the suspension of disbelief for me.

I gotta say though, for a show that they put so much time and effort into, I am severely disappointed that they couldn't film the winter scenes somewhere that actually has real snow. It is kind of a major part of the milieu, and that fake snow is horrible. It ruins the suspension of disbelief for me.

Severely??? I guess some people can't be satisfied. There's only been one scene so far in a snow-covered location.

They filmed in Northern Ireland because it contains a ton of old castles and northern-esque locations within a very small and accessible area. Filming in yet another additional location would have turned an already-expensive production into, probably, the most expensive TV production of all time, which would be a stupid move for a show that was already so risky and unproven.

Who knows... if the show stays as successful as it has been, perhaps they'll film some of the "beyond the Wall" scenes somewhere that has real snow, just for you. :)

If it was "real" snow, then it'd be a Stark. :)

Not a show-killer for me by any means, but the lack of fogging breath in scenes at the Wall kinda surprised me. Fake snow I can deal with (in fact, it didn't drop me out of my suspension of disbelief), but I was surprised they didn't add some breath-fog in post.

If it was "real" snow, then it'd be a Stark. :)

Not a show-killer for me by any means, but the lack of fogging breath in scenes at the Wall kinda surprised me. Fake snow I can deal with (in fact, it didn't drop me out of my suspension of disbelief), but I was surprised they didn't add some breath-fog in post.

I hadn't even noticed that.